Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

HELP! New to this having a hard time....
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 06, 2009 11:59PM

im having a hard time deciding on what to make for breakfast lunch,and dinner. What to buy when i do my shopping. if anyone has any ideas that would be very helpful.
Thank you

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: HELP! New to this having a hard time....
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 07, 2009 01:57AM

what i found helpfull when transitioning is

#1 make a list of all the foods you love
#2 identify what you love about them , is it the taste, texture, smell, whatever
#3 find raw vegan recpies that replicate / duplicate these tastes , textures, smells

often its not the *flesh* you crave its the spices/herbs or tastes of soemthing we crave.

i use the exact same spices and herbs that i used to use on my deep fried chicken as i do on my marinated zuchinni slices and feel satisfied. this tells me im not addicted to the chicken im addicted to the taste smiling smiley

does this make sense? smiling smiley

www.goneraw.com has alot of great substitute recipies smiling smiley

(i recommend the cream of mushroom soup if ya wanna try something new smiling smiley )

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Re: HELP! New to this having a hard time....
Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: July 12, 2009 01:38AM

I'm a nurse and work full-time and also own a home business, so my time is stretched. I've discovered the joys of SMOOTHIES. In the mornings, I just blend up whatever fruits, greens, and/or veggies I have on-hand, and drink a quart for breakfast and take a quart for lunch. So simple and easy and satisfying. My typical morning smoothie might be: Grapes, Strawberries, Bananas, Apples, Tomatoes, and Kale or Spinach or Parsley greens. Sometimes it will be peaches, nectarines, blueberries, bananas, apple, and some kind of green. I don't add any water, because the fruit makes its own liquid, but if you prefer a thinner consistency, just add water to your liking.

That keeps me pretty satisfied throughout the day and it's quick and fast to zip-up 2 quick batches (or more, if necessary). If I'm super-hungry in the evening when I get home, I'll make a whopping huge salad with things like: Dark Greens (Spinach, Kale, Romaine, etc.), Onions, Radishes, Carrots, Celery, Tomatoes, Green Sweet Peas, and Avocado. That usually satisfies my need / or craving for something more substantial like an "entree" or crunchy, savory foods.

My grocery time is spent strictly in the produce section (unless I need cat food and litter. *LOL*), and I usually stock-up on whatever is on sale, so my daily in-take will vary. As you venture into the Raw world, you will learn what goes bad quickly, what you like the most, what is quick and easy, and what your favorites are. It's a personal learning process and your ideas will grow as your experience grows.

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables