Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Sprouted grain breads?
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: August 14, 2009 04:01PM

Hi,

I wanted to know if anyone makes breads, crackers or something similar out of sprouted grains or beans? There seems to be a lot of recipes using nuts and seeds but I've been reading the 80/10/10 diet (80% carbs 10%fat 10%protein all from plant based diet.) and it seems to me that there is a lot of raw 'junk' food about. I'm sure that eating loads of fat in any form isn't a great diet to follow....

Any thoughts?

Domi

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sprouted grain breads?
Posted by: Molli ()
Date: August 14, 2009 06:05PM

I agree with you on the raw 'junk' food. I'm 13 days raw and bought some raw junk food and am going to try to not go there again. I'm thinking that so many of us, before we turned raw, were so into purchasing ready made food and junk food that some food manufacturers are creating junk food for the raw fooders now. I am going to really try to just eat food in its natural state, except for nuts which I soak and seeds and grains which I sprout. But I'm not eating very much in the way of nuts, seeds and grains.

Posted by: mysbenson ()
Date: August 19, 2009 05:44PM

Sprouted grain breads are available at health food stores. I use them, I buy the Manna bread which my stomach and whole body likes better than the bread imitation made with sprouted grains.

I have used sprouted grain breads for several years now. The Kitchen Garden Cookbook by Sproutman gives recipes for making your own.

I only use sprouted grain bread when I'm rebuilding three or four times a week, or once or twice a week in maintenance and never in cleansing.

Best wishes in your better eating aspirations.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: August 20, 2009 10:34PM

flipperjan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to know if anyone makes breads, crackers
> or something similar out of sprouted grains or
> beans? There seems to be a lot of recipes using
> nuts and seeds but I've been reading the 80/10/10
> diet (80% carbs 10%fat 10%protein all from plant
> based diet.) and it seems to me that there is a
> lot of raw 'junk' food about. I'm sure that eating
> loads of fat in any form isn't a great diet to
> follow....
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Domi

Fat is a macronutrient, not junk food. It's more energy dense (9 calories per gram vs. 4) than either protein or carbohydrate. But there are high quality fats (e.g. nuts, seeds) and low quality fats. The dose is the poison as far as calories are concerned. I've made walnut-hemp crackers, sprouted bread, and flax crackers. And they are all delicious. I just balance what I eat.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables