Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

tiRAWmisu
Posted by: Helen ()
Date: August 15, 2009 03:17PM

A couple of weeks ago I made a raw tiramisu for a raw potluck and this turned out to be the most wanted from the buffett. So here is the recipe and I will try to upload a picture:

You need:
bananas
lemon juice
cocoa powder
carob powder
(you can use only cocoa powder or only carob powder or both, I use both because carob is a little sweeter)
coconut oil
agave nectar
cashew nuts (soaked)
1 ripe (brown) coconut
2 or more young Thai coconut
vanilla

1. Cut the bananas lengthwise and put in a casserole pan.

2. Sprinkle with lemon juice, so that they do not turn brown so fast.

3. Mix coconut oil (melted), agave nectar, cocoa powder and carob powder so that you get a chocolate sauce. Pour this sauce over the bananas.

4. Blend the soaked cashew nuts without the water. From the ripe (brown, common) coconut, take out the white meat and even remove the thin brown skin on it, then grate only the white part. Mix cashew "butter", the grated coconut and the meat of the young coconut with some agave nectar and vanilla from 1/2 to 1 vanilla bean. Blend until smooth. If this cream is too soft, just add melted coconut butter, so that it gets firm in the fridge.

5. Spread "cream" over the bananas and put in fridge for at least 1 hour.

5. Just before serving, mix about 2 tablespoons cocoa powder and 2 tablespoons carob powder and sprinkle over the tiramisu.

Indulge!

PS: I wanted to post this recipe at goneraw.com, and I signed up but never received a confirmation mail so that I could log in. I tried it twice. If anyone has an advice, please tell me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: tiRAWmisu
Posted by: Misery's Fence ()
Date: August 17, 2009 10:28PM

WOW, does this look yummy!!!

Suzy

Posted by: Molli ()
Date: August 17, 2009 10:44PM

Your recipe has been tempting me for a couple of days now! I don't think I can purchase coconuts where I live, but I can purchase raw coconut flakes? Would that work?

Date: August 18, 2009 12:21PM

Hi Molli,

sure, coconut flakes would work. The cream is creamiest if you only use young coconut meat and soaked and blended cashews (no ripe brown coconut), but with coconut flakes and cashews it will be okay, too - at least worth a try!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 18, 2009 09:24PM

i think i just drooled on my keyboard tongue sticking out smiley

clean up aisle 5!

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: CMiller ()
Date: September 28, 2009 10:28PM

You're wonderful! Tiramisu was one of my favorite desserts and now I can indulge. :-)

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 30, 2009 11:03AM

Wow! that's quite amazing!
I Wonder if peaches could substitute the bananas, to keep the glicemix lower.
Anyway gonna try it!

Hugs

Moy

Date: September 30, 2009 02:27PM

I think almost any fruit would work, but I think bananas resemble the real tiramisu cookies best, and in addition, I am a real "banana+chocolate" lover!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables