Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

what if these are the only fruits and veggies you can find....
Posted by: daisyjellybean ()
Date: September 03, 2009 02:07PM

Okay. So I recently moved to South Korea. The grocery stores here are NOT like the ones in the states. The variety is not so varied, but I'm trying. So let's say I'm mostly eating these items? Is it okay that I'm not getting leafy greens? I occasionally find Spinach but often times it's super wilted, turning brown or full of holes....

Also, can you reccommend any good ideas for meals based on these fruits and veggies... I'm getting bored just eating them chopped up or steamed.

VEGGIES:
Carrots
Red, yellow and orange peppers
Zucchini
Variety of mushrooms (steamed)
cucumbers
celery
parsley
sesame leaves
bok choy

FRUIT:
apples
bananas
purple grapes
tangerines
pineapple
For a couple of weeks I was able to find cherries, strawberries, watermelon and mango, but not in the last few weeks.

Every now and then I'll find something amazing like avocados, fresh figs, peaches, plums or kiwis. I definitely buy them when I find them.

I can also find Olive Oil and Lemon Juice so that is what I've been using as dressings.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what if these are the only fruits and veggies you can find....
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 03, 2009 05:20PM

lettuce and spinach are both easy to grow in pots in your living space if you have a decent light source (sunny windows) or artificial light

Troy Santos from this site has speant alot of time in korea , maybe he can direct you to the leafy greens smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: daisyjellybean ()
Date: September 07, 2009 01:16PM

Hi!

I'll have to get some artificial light. I have no sunlight going into my apartment. I bought 6 plants when I moved here and planted an herb garden, but everything died.

Thanks for the tip on Troy.

Posted by: veganreikiangel ()
Date: November 08, 2009 03:03AM

Are there any farmers markets??? My friend lived in Seoul for awhile and found TONS of fresh produce of all sorts...including lots of asian/tropical fruits!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables