Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Recipe questions (2)
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 09, 2006 10:28PM

I have a brown rice recipe, from this site which I tried and failed at. I am 2 weeks into raw foods 100%. The recipe said to take brown rice and soak in plenty of water for 12 hours. I did all this and nothing happened, what did I do wrong? Wrong rice? it is basmati brown long grain rice.

Also I am trying to decide between the 5 tray & 9 tray Excalibur dehydrator. Right now I am the only one doing this but I am going to try and get my husband into it. Some of these bread receipe's make me think I need the 9 tray.

Thanks
Lane

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Recipe questions (2)
Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: August 09, 2006 10:46PM

The rice was probably de-natured (killed) at some point before it got to you.

Wild rice (which is a grass not a rice) works much better for sprouting/soaking.

Ian.

Date: August 11, 2006 04:09PM

I'm going to show my lack of knowledge but how do I find out if it's de-natured. I thought bulk organic was all I needed. Maybe my source is not great.

The rice was for a recipe of Curry Rice just calling for Brown Rice?

Lane

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: August 11, 2006 09:34PM

I once heard that all rice sold in the US was de-natured (something to do with some rice disease). So the only test I know is if you bought it in the US, it's probably de-natured. I would love for somebody to tell me otherwise, i think it sucks we can't buy viable rice. sad smiley

Date: September 11, 2006 12:08PM

i think you should go for the 9 tray dehydrator. you are going to use more space than you think. i found an awesome one on rawfoodadvantage.com, it's the 9 tray excalibur and they have the best price that i have found. as for the rice, i haven't worked to much with rice yet.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables