Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

raw spaghetti
Posted by: shep252 ()
Date: August 10, 2006 12:38AM

I experimented a little today. I bought a spaghetti squash from the food co-op. This is what I did:

I gutted it out. Then I took a fork and scraped the squash out and it comes out looking like spaghetti strands. The texture feels like real spaghetti. (Which I like, then I won't crave real spaghetti because I like the texture) Then I took two tomatoes and 1/2 red pepper and put it in the food processer and left it a little chunky. I put some basil in it, too. You can put whatever herbs you like. That is the sauce and put it over your "spaghetti." It is really simple and good..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw spaghetti
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 22, 2006 08:22PM

I just grated a raw zucchini then added tomato sauce and it was quite good.

Posted by: shep252 ()
Date: August 22, 2006 09:43PM

Yeah, I've done the raw zucchini before, too, a while back. Yes, that is very good!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 29, 2006 05:05PM

I have a Spirooli vegetable spiralizer that turns zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, daikon, sweet potato, or any other firm or semi-firm vegetable into long pasta-like strands, very like thick spaghetti.

The zucchini and squash have the most pasta-like texture.
I have marinated the harder vegetables, or included them in "massaged" salads.

There are several devices which do this spiralizing. Some of them are World Cuisine Vegetable Slicer (which looks very much like, and, indeed may be a new generation of, the Spirooli, which is apparently no longer available- I got mine on ebay), Benriner (which may be what the Japanese use to get those very fine strands of daikon-- it was indicated to me by a Japanese waitress), and Saladacco. Most of these can be found on ebay or on amazon.com

Margaret

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables