Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Favorite 100% RAW Energy Soup recipes ??
Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: October 08, 2009 03:02PM

I want to start incorporating this into my diet with winter coming on, and I'm looking for good recipes. There are so many variations out there, and I know that I will eventually tailor it to my own needs and preferences, but I'd like a good foundation to get started and need some helpful ideas. So, GET ME STARTED, FOLKS !!! =)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Favorite 100% RAW Energy Soup recipes ??
Date: October 08, 2009 10:15PM

Ok, here is my first experiment. Printed off a recipe and took it with me to get groceries tonight. Didn't have time to get everything I wanted, but here's what I came up with for the first experiment:

* Huge handful of Alfalfa Sprouts (because didn't have time to grow or track-down all the other kinds listed in the recipe)

* 3 Cups of water

* 1 TBS Dry Dulse Flakes (that's all I had on hand)

* 1 Whole Apple

* 1 Whole Avocado

* Handful of Spring Green Onions

* Sprinkle of Celtic Sea Salt

* Several handfuls of Kale until couldn't fit more into blender

Blended til somewhat smooth with a few chunks for texture and poured into bowl for serving.

It's ok, but I will need to play with it. I still like a little salt in my recipes, but it's not bad overall. I wanted to use cucumbers, but didn't have time to get to the organic market before they closed. It's ok, and I'm sure I'll have to play around with many recipes to find out what I like the best. Oh well, my first attempt a success and I also discovered in the process that my cat loves Avocado when he pounced on a few dropped pieces !!! *LOLOL* Who knew ??!!

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: October 09, 2009 04:35AM

Here are a few raw soup recipes. I think the seasonings qualify as raw, but I'm still learning and don't mind being corrected if they don't.

Carrot Soup
Blend 1c shredded carrots, 1 apple, 1 celery, parsley, cumin, and a pressed garlic clove with carrot juice (or water or fresh tomato juice). Add tahini or nut butter to make it creamy, if desired. Garnish with parsley.

Vege Chili
Blend tomatoes and red bell pepper with chili, nama shoyu, garlic, lemon, cumin, paprika, and Italian herbs. Chop celery, red bell pepper, tomato, mushrooms, onion, yellow squash, and zucchini. Add corn kernels and shredded carrot. Mix. Add tomato juice.

Corn Bisque
Blend corn kernels with garlic, minced onion, thyme, basil, yellow bell pepper, and fresh tomato juice. Stir in minced celery and corn kernels. Add more fresh tomato juice or almond milk to get the consistency you like. Garnish with parsley and pepper.

Gazpacho
Blend tomatoes and tomato juice, onion, lime juice, avocado, pressed garlic, sea salt, pepper, jalapeno, cumin, and cilantro leaves. Stir in minced celery, chopped cucumber, and chopped bell pepper. Garnish with parsley. (Instead of lime juice, apple cider vinegar could be added.)

Spinach Soup
Blend spinach, water, spring onion, zucchini, tomato, corn, garlic, oregano, basil, sea salt and pepper. (I don't think Bragg’s is 100% raw, but I add a dash in place of salt. And avocado can be used to make it creamy too.)

Date: October 09, 2009 11:45AM

Awesome!! Thank you for the suggestions. I can always customize the ingredients to be 100% RAW. Thanks so much. They all look yummy. =)

—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 14, 2009 11:53AM

hey trive

loooks real cool

and no oil either

greatsmiling smiley

thanx

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: November 08, 2009 07:05PM

YUM! Thanks for the ideas.

Posted by: Helen ()
Date: November 11, 2009 08:26PM

A soup even my non-raw boyfriend liked:

Bell Pepper Soup

2 young Thai coconuts
2 red bell peppers
2 dates
juice of 1/2 lemon
a little piece of a hot pepper (chilli)
salt
pepper
coconut oil (optional)
garlic (optional)

Blend everything except for the coconut water. Add the coconut water (and if that is not enough some "normal" water) until you reach the desired consitency.

Enjoy!

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: December 01, 2009 12:07PM

hi helen

looks RAWESOME!
i luv coconut

so much
looks great

thankssmiling smiley

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: December 24, 2009 02:27AM

I have been recently making raw soups, too. I used the concept of incorporating chucks/pieces of the blended mixture into the soup like the Savory Stews I saw. I didn't purchase the videos so I'm not sure how close this is but I think the flavor is pretty good and the soup is hearty.

Cucumber Avocado Soup
2 1/2 large Cucumbers, peeled if not organic
1 small Avocado
4-8 oz of Distilled Water
Onion Powder to taste
Sea salt to taste

Greeen Sauce (Optional)
5-6 sprigs of Cilantro
1/2 Jalapeno (more to taste)
1/2 clove of Garlic (Optional)
1 Tablespoon of fresh Lemon Juice
4 oz of Distilled Water
Sea salt to taste

Puree Green Sauce ingredients in High Speed blender and set Sauce aside.

Blend 2 Cucumbers (setting aside 1/2 of the remaining Cucumber for chunking later), 1/2 the Avocado and 4-8 oz of Distilled water. Chop the remaining 1/2 Cucumber and the mince the 1/2 avocado and set aside. Put Soup into one large bowl or two smaller bowls. Put in the chunks of Cucumber & Avocado into the bowl(s). Season to taste with Sea Salt and Onion Powder.

Take optional Green Sauce and swirl into the Soup to taste. Add additional Sea Salt if needed.

This soup is very refreshing yet has body. If you wish, you may eat the soup with Raw Onion Bread as I did. Enjoy!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables