Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Ginger shot for the cold season!!!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 15, 2009 11:58AM

pure fresh ginger
honey

Run a large piece through your juicer, stir a bit of honey in it and take it as a shoot.
amazing immune booster.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ginger shot for the cold season!!!
Posted by: veganreikiangel ()
Date: November 06, 2009 08:47AM

Tried it tonite...Ive juiced lots of ginger before, for the same purpose. Getting over a cold right now actually. Could substitute agave for the honey...

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: November 09, 2009 01:59PM

Is Ginger hot or spicy? I always enjoyed cooking with it in the past in the standard powdered form, but never really juiced with it in fresh form and would like to start using it for general health and for winter immunity. What is the taste of it "fresh" or "raw?"

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: November 09, 2009 05:50PM

Ohmigosh! Fresh, grated ginger is great. I put it in smoothies often. Give it a go.

My favorite raw vegan

Date: November 10, 2009 09:29PM

Ok, I just bought a big fresh chunk of ginger. Now, how do I use it ??? Do you wash it? Peel it before juicing it?? How much should I use? Do I use it with sweet or savory juices? Thanks for the tips. =)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: November 11, 2009 03:04AM

I cut off the dried out parts of a knob of raw ginger. Maybe others peel it, but I don't. Then I grate it on the fine holes on a hand-held grater.

One drink with raw ginger that I make often is equal amounts of water and orange juice, an apple, a piece of ginger (grated it's about a tablespoon), a handful of mixed lettuce greens, and a squeeze of lemon juice. It's refreshing and filling.

Raw food recipe sites have lots recipes using ginger. For example, at www.allrawrecipes.com I typed in ginger and 107 recipes (and photos of them) came up. Hope you find some you like. smiling smiley

My favorite raw vegan

Date: November 11, 2009 03:50PM

Ok thanks so much for the suggestions and resources. I added a small, un-peeled chunk to my juices this morning and didn't think I even tasted it. The whole drink was refreshing - Tomatoes, Oranges, Lemon, Ginger chunk. Even hubby liked it. Will keep experimenting. Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions because I would love to add this to my daily diet for its health benefits. =)

—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 13, 2009 07:06PM

I just used some of my ginger in a green smoothie. WOW, is it strong! But, I didn't dislike the taste, weird huh?!? I will know next time to use less. I think a little goes a long way with ginger. That was the first time I had ever had it, now I understand why they say to add it to raw soups to add that warming effect, lol! I feel very warm inside right now!

smiling smiley Deb

Date: November 13, 2009 09:01PM

You're not kidding!! I juiced a big chunk yesterday morning in my orange/lemon juice and realized I used WAY too much!! Burned like the dickens!! Had to give the rest to my husband (who lives on garlic tobasco! *LOL*), because it was too strong for me. I think I've determined the same thing as you - it's AWESOME in small doses. =)

—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: December 01, 2009 12:05PM

hi plainly dressed

yep it really IS very spicy
so u have to be careful as to how much you will use
if you put too much
it definetely will feel like eating tabasco
and have a super warming burning sensation

u kind of have to build up to it

if it is really spicy
go easy
and simple

maybe use pears, a nick of ginger, and a sprig of mint

apple and ginger and mint go nicely together as well

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables