Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Savory Veggie Stews?
Posted by: veganreikiangel ()
Date: November 06, 2009 07:12AM

Just wondered if anyone has tried roger haeske (is that the name/spelling?) savory veggie stews/recipies? hes selling a recipe book and apparently has a *secret* ingredient. I was kindof surprised I didnt find anyone who has spilled the beans on what this *secret* is yet. I know its only a matter of time. I thought Id try to make one tonite. Im sure I could perfect my own *secret* recipe eventually. Unfortunely my blender died, and the replacements even crappier (cant nearly afford a blendtec or vitamix..alas..)
So we'll see how it comes out. Mines gonna be a blend of cucumber, tomato, avocado, cayenne pepper, fresh basil, dasb of sea salt, romaine, and spinach.
Ill update you on how it comes out!!!
Shekinah Love

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Savory Veggie Stews?
Date: November 06, 2009 08:45AM

Ok...so I made the blended salad/stew...came out pretty decent. I did use 2 big cucumbers, a little box of cherry tomatoes, a whole avocado (which I guess the aforementioned veggie stews dont have, as theyre low fat...but since I dont have that *secret* ingredient...) then I added 3/4 a head of romaine, and a big handful of baby spinach, a pinch of sea salt, and a dash of cayenne. oh....and several basil leaves and one close of garlic.. I cant wait to try it with bell pepper and some other tasty veggies!
I did hafta add alot of water tho, with my particular blender...but still came out decent! Id like to add some corn...tho this time of year getting it, let alone organic is next to impossible...unless its frozen. With my soup I had these raw curry stix by Raw Makery*. They were perfect with the soup! I added for some extra flavor a dash in my bowl of soup, the braggs seasoning blend. (not liquid aminos)
It has kelp and a bunch of herbs in it. Also, a nice addition! Id like to try it without the avocado tho, and perhaps at some point, without the garlic.
What are some recipies you folks enjoy?

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: November 07, 2009 12:32PM

That sounds absolutely yummy!! I want to try that recipe too. Thanks for sharing. =) What is the Raw Makery ??

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Date: November 08, 2009 03:01AM

raw makery is a company that makes dehydrated treats....
smiling smiley

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 08, 2009 07:33AM

the whole roger haske thing seems a bit pricey for some recipies .. i dont think ive ever paid that much for a cookbook lol

will keep my eyes peeled tosee if anyones figure it out smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 26, 2009 03:34PM

new at jucing. cure diabatis 11.

need more/variety of recepies.

thanx

vegetables as well as fruits

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 26, 2009 03:38PM

I'm new at jucing. I am working on a cure for my diabatis 2.

I need variety of recepies.

(vegetables as well as fruits)

thanx

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: December 26, 2009 05:44PM

Whistle5,

I'm not sure whether you are looking for all kinds of raw recipes or just juicing ideas, but in case you haven't seen these sites, you might want to look at www.goneraw.com, www.fromsadtoraw.com, www.allrawrecipes.com, www.gliving.com, and, of course, the recipes on this site. Sometimes you have to look out for ingredients you don't consider raw, but you'll have LOTS of recipes if that's what you're looking for.

My favorite raw vegan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables