Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How do you prepare potatoes?
Posted by: shep252 ()
Date: August 13, 2006 01:06AM

I like potatoes, but I know you arent' suppose to eat them raw. So, how do you prepare them? This is what I usually do: I put a little water in a pot. Then I cut the potatoes really thin. Then I lightly simmer them. Is this the correct way? How long do you let it simmer? Are they suppose to be a little crisp or softer? Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How do you prepare potatoes?
Posted by: life101 ()
Date: August 21, 2006 10:07AM

You can eat red potatoes raw. That's the only healthy way to eat potatoes. Otherwise, they are very glycemic. You can grate it and and some spices to it or just eat it raw. Raw red potatoes are great for your stomach, especially if you're pre-ulceric.

Yams are also good to eat. I've heard of dehydrating them. I've not tried that. In one of the raw cookbooks, I read that someone thinly sliced the potatoes and soaked them in vinegar and salted them and then dehydrated. This would be akin to vinegar/salt potato chips. Guess, you could do this if you are inclined.

If I were to prepare the potatoes, I think I would do it more Korean style. Add a bit of sesame seeds and a little oil. I would cheat and put on sesame seed oil and a bit of sea salt along with the sesame seeds.

Good luck.
Therese

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables