Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Golden sprouted kamut bread
Posted by: pborst ()
Date: December 16, 2009 03:47PM

I've been experimenting with dehydrated breads and have finally found one that works well, for me anyway.

Ingredients

4 cups of sprouted kamut
1 cup of golden flax seed meal
1/2 cup golden raisins
1 cup germinated (not sprouted) quinoa
2 Tbsp agave nector (light color)

Add all ingredients to a food processor with an S blade process for about 1 minute. Thickness should be viscous but not watery. If it's too watery add 1/2 tablespoon of Konsyl (psyllium fiber) and wait 3 to 5 minutes before transfering to the teflex sheets.

Transfer the dough to two or more teflex sheets as needed keeping enough space between individual doughs. Maintain 1/2 inch to 1 inch thickness (1.2 to 2.5 cm). The bread is ideal when is dry and chewy on the outside and softer on the inside. I wish I could give you optimal time in a dehydrator but it depends on the humidity in your house as well how thick the patty is.

I maintained 105 degrees for 8 hours and flipped the buns removing the teflex sheets. Depending on humidity, another 8 to 16 hours at 105 until done. Recommend designating one bun as a test bun to check on the degree of moisture inside. always better to undercook than overcook.

Also, if you don't have a timer on your dehydrator, invest in a programable one. I use a Westinghouse that allows me 7 day on off control.

when the bread is finished, it has a light brown/gold color with flicks of white (quinoa) and a slightly sweet taste. Excellent. Let me know how yours turns out.

Paul

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Golden sprouted kamut bread
Posted by: life101 ()
Date: December 24, 2009 02:08AM

Sounds like a sweet bread. Thanks for sharing. Therese

Posted by: Maryl_E ()
Date: February 12, 2010 09:40PM

Thanks for posting, Paul. I can't wait to try it! smiling smiley

Love, Light & Laughter,
Maryl

Posted by: cy ()
Date: February 13, 2010 02:55AM

i will definitely make it. thanks so much.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: February 18, 2010 03:53PM

Thanks. I hope you enjoy it. I've been making it for several months now and it's my favorite bread.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables