Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

...and DESSERTS GALORE TOO!!!
Posted by: Trive ()
Date: January 07, 2010 02:30AM

Here are (mostly) very simple desserts that do not call for lots of nuts or dehydration. I know it's best to mono-meal, but sometimes I just want something different.

Apple Sauce
Process/blend apples, banana, cinnamon, nutmeg, and lemon.

Apricot Sauce
Soak dried apricots. Blend them with banana, lemon juice and peeled apple.

Apple Banana Cookies
Process an equal number of apples and bananas with grated coconut, cinnamon or allspice, grated ginger, and a pinch of sea salt and enough buckwheat flour (made from ground sprouted buckwheat and dried buckwheat) to make stiff. Dehydrate.

Banana Ginger Balls
Blend grated ginger, banana, mashed soft date, ground cloves, and cinnamon. Add ground flax seeds until it holds together. Form balls and roll in sesame seeds or chopped nuts. Refrigerate.

Banana Pudding
Blend bananas!

Banana Sandwich
Slice banana lengthwise. Spread on nut butter. Sprinkle on nuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds or shredded coconut.

Banana Split
(Yes, it’s time-consuming, but worth it for a special occasion!) Make three different fruit sorbets, each from different-colored fruits blended with just enough frozen banana to make creamy. Keep in cold/frozen until ready to serve. Slice banana. Make apricot sauce (or some other sauce). Top with sauce and chopped nuts, grated coconut, and a pitted cherry.

Berry Compote
Mix different berries, soaked currants, vanilla bean seeds, lemon juice, and mashed dates.

Dried Fruit
(I don’t have a dehydrator, but an occasional piece of dried fruit is a treat.)

Fruit Slaw
Stir together banana, pear, nectarine, ground flax seeds, mashed dates, soaked raisins, chopped walnuts, and lemon juice.

Fruit Crumble
Slice fruit (e.g., peaches, apple, pineapple, plum). Top with mixture of oats, cinnamon, grated ginger and mashed dates.

Fruit Sushi
Chop banana, berries and other fruit. Wrap in thinly sliced mango (cut using a mandoline).

Halva
Mash a banana with cinnamon and sea salt. Mix with shredded carrot, raisins, chopped pecans. Roll in sesame seeds.

Citrus Granita
Blend mango, lemon slices, orange slices, lemon and orange zest, and a pinch of salt. Freeze, stirring periodically.

Melon Sherbet
Freeze cantaloupe (or honeydew melon) chunks. Process with grated orange peel or lime peel. (Maybe add thin slices of mint leaves.)

Melon Kebabs
Blend lime, slurry of mashed dates, poppy seeds, and a sea salt pinch. Make honeydew melon balls, cantaloupe balls and watermelon balls. Alternate on skewers. Drizzle on dressing. Sprinkle on finely chopped mint. Chill.

Nuts and Seeds
If I haven’t had nuts or seeds in a while, I might have some. A mix of nuts and seeds with raisins or other dried fruit is great for hiking. A nut wrapped in a date can be a delicious treat.

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Mix oat groats, shredded apple, soaked raisins, cinnamon, and nutmeg.

Peach Cobbler
Blend peaches, lemon juice and mashed date. Stir in peach slices. Make crumble topping of cashew, mashed date, cinnamon and pinch of sea salt.

Pear Half w/ Berry Sauce
Halve and core a very ripe pear. Blend berries, mashed dates, and lemon juice with cinnamon, clove, or nutmeg. Spoon sauce over the pear. (Optional: Top with grated coconut.)

Pear or Plum Pudding
Process pear, grated ginger, nutmeg, ground almond and ground flax seed. (Optional: Add enough banana to make creamy.)

Sorbet
Process frozen fruit (e.g., blueberries, pineapple chunks, peach chunks, banana) with enough room-temperature banana to make it smooth. (Alternatively, freeze the banana and process the fresh fruit with the frozen banana.)
Note: I often make a meal of frozen fruit sorbet!!!

Tropical Fruit Crumble
Mix shredded coconut, ground flax seeds, mashed minced date, oat groats, and chopped Brazil nuts. Sprinkle on sliced bananas and other chopped tropical fruits.

My favorite raw vegan

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables