Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Dehydrator Newbie
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 11, 2010 04:54PM

Hi all,

So I am a raw newbie, and just got my first dehydrator, an excalibur 5 tray.

I filled all 5 trays with bananas, and gave them roughly 4 hours... which I fear was not quite enough..

Anyway, how do you get the darned things off the sheets? Or, what I mean is, is there a way to avoid them sticking, or a trick to get them off?

Thanks, M

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dehydrator Newbie
Posted by: frances ()
Date: January 11, 2010 07:19PM

Like in conventional cooking, oil prevents things from sticking together. You can either oil the sheet before you add your fruit, or just struggle with peeling of the dehydrated food. I generally don't oil my sheets. Since the sheets are flexible I'm able to peel the food off one way or the other, then scrub the sheets clean. Oiling might be particularly important if you're making something fragile where you don't want to have that struggle.

I didn't understand from your description whether your bananas are whole, sliced, or mashed.

Re: Dehydrator Newbie
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 11, 2010 10:19PM

if they are really sticking then you havent dehydrated them enough .. well .. i mean if you want more crispy style banana chips.

y0u will also have to slice them very thin or you will be drying them untill the end of time smiling smiley

if they are crispy they will usually just pop right off the sheet no problem smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables