Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Need raw MUSHROOM recipes!
Posted by: ShineSeek ()
Date: January 23, 2010 10:16PM

Hi friends, I just got a bunch of mushrooms from the farmer's market and some recipes. Help me out!

~*ShineSeek

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need raw MUSHROOM recipes!
Posted by: Trive ()
Date: January 24, 2010 01:25AM

How about stuffed mushroom caps?

Remove and mince the stems. (If you use apple cider vinegar, you can sprinkle some inside the cap to let it marinate a bit, or not if you prefer.)

See what bits and pieces of veggies you have in the fridge... celery? green onion? squash? parsley? red bell pepper? carrot? Mince them and stir together.

What seasonings do you like - lemon juice? cumin? Italian herbs? Add them all.

Then add some tahini to make the mixture hold together.

Sprinkle some seeds on top (e.g., sesame seeds, sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds).

My favorite raw vegan

Date: January 24, 2010 04:10AM

Thank you, Trive. I'll be trying that- I just so happen to have some raw tahini on board. ALSO- I'm thinking about trying some sort of mushroom/walnut taco stuffing with raw corn tortillas...

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: January 24, 2010 07:03AM

Sounds yummy!

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 24, 2010 06:46PM

ive made this from goneraw.com its tasty smiling smiley take heed on blending in the musrooms too long tho ..it does make it a weird unappatizing color of grey smiling smiley

Classic Cream of Mushroom Soup [www.goneraw.com]
Submitted by bronwyn on October 10, 2008 - 6:13pmappetizercreameasyentreequicksaucesimplesoupBlender
Average:
4.5.Average: 4.5 (2 votes)
Servings: Serves 1-2
This tastes just like a classic cream of mushroom soup. Thick, creamy and delicious. The real version of this soup used to be my favourite when I was young. I just made this on a whim so the measurements are from memory and may not be accurate. Taste the soup as you’re making it to be sure the measurements are to your liking. I hope you enjoy.

Ingredients:
2 cup Water
½ cup Sunflower Seeds, or more for desired consistency
¼ cup White Button Mushrooms, chopped fine
2 tablespoon Nutritional Yeast, optional
½ teaspoon Garlic
½ teaspoon Salt
1 dash Black Pepper

Preparation:
Blend the sunflower seeds with the water until you get a nice creamy smooth mixture. Then add the garlic, salt, yeast and pepper. Blend for a long time until slightly warm. Then, add the mushrooms and blend for about 10 seconds, just to spread them around.

Note: When I created this for the first time today I made the mistake of blending the mushrooms for a while with the soup and the flavour was much more pungent and the colour of the soup was grey, as you can see from the photo. It was still good but I know it would have been better to add them in at the last minute. You will want it to be a nice creamy off-white colour.

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2010 06:47PM by Jgunn.

Date: January 25, 2010 04:55AM

Thank you jGunn. Should I soak the sunflower seeds first??

Date: January 25, 2010 06:18AM

i like to for an hour or two to activate their little lives smiling smiley any more then 2 hours and they seem to get acky smiling smiley

Date: January 27, 2010 07:00AM

I just made raw mushroom gravy with mushrooms, nama shoyu, tahini, onion, bell pepper, celery, water, sea salt and put it over raw rashed potatoes - some cauliflower i needed to use up food processed with olive oil, cashews, nutritional yeast, salt... decent... could use some tweeking. The gravy recipe called for lemon juice but I just realized I had run out.

Date: January 27, 2010 05:39PM

mmm thats sounds good how did you like the taste? smiling smiley i find nutritional yeast imparts that kinda flavor our tongues look for .. its hard to explain ... some call it Umami or savory .. its explained here smiling smiley [en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: greenlove ()
Date: February 02, 2010 09:59PM

try this one, it's very nice...

[www.fromsadtoraw.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables