Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

banana/carrot juice combo?
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: February 06, 2010 01:41AM

I am thinking of combining those two ingredients (juice carrots first). Has anyone ever seen a recipe like this? Not that I need it in print in order to try it, but I am wondering if perhaps you are not "supposed" to mix them. I had thought that juiced stuff is compatible, but just curious....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: banana/carrot juice combo?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 08, 2010 04:38PM

You are dealing with two fast running sugars here, and separating these fruits from the fiber is going to make them even more so. this means that they hit your blood sugar very fast and will cause a crash.

This can be a tasty combo, but I'd recommend having it earlier in the day or as a meal by itself/a pick-me-up (not with another meal). I'd also recommend blending it rather than juicing. Add some cinnamon (helps balance blood sugar), avocado, and you'll end up with a delicious smoothie (especially if you have a Vitamix blender which will make it very smooth). Carrots are so highly hybridized these days so the sugar content is way high, so use them sparingly unless you are very active (or else the sugar will store as fat). And remember to use organic.

All the best,
Cat Erickson
www.worldredress.com

Date: February 09, 2010 12:35AM

"You are dealing with two fast running sugars here..."

LOL--sounds like a plan! But seriously, thanks for answering and yes, I meant that I would juice the carrots and blend with bananas in my non-Vita Mixer. I love the idea of the avocado!!! That would add fat, which would make the thing creamier, and kind of cut the effect of sugar. And avocados are cheapest this time of year! I was curious if this is a combo raw fooders ever do. Doesn't look like it...

Posted by: joy_peace ()
Date: March 01, 2010 01:50AM

No, not popular because of the high sugars.

Date: March 02, 2010 08:28PM

joy_peace Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No, not popular because of the high sugars.

LOL- wouldn't stop me. And really, even juiced and filtered carrots retain a bit of fiber in the juice. Likewise, banana has soluable fiber, so I don't think it would directly impact the blood sugar the way juice in the jar would.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables