Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Brownies
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 03, 2010 06:51PM

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to share with all of the lovely people here my personal recipe for the ultimate raw brownies (in my opinion).

Hope you enjoy! Don't forget to check out the pictures I'm posting as well. I took the pictures when I made this recipe just a few days ago. If you want more info on it or want to see pictures of what the dish will look like, check out my blog post here: [www.lucycou.com]

Brownie Base
1 cup raw walnuts (or any nuts you prefer, I really enjoy hazelnuts and cashews as well!)
1 cup dates (the juicer the dates the better)
1/4 cup raw cacao powder

Mix all ingredients in a food processor using the S blade until it’s mixed in really well. If you’re anything like me, this is the time when I take a little pinch of the brownie base and sneak it into my mouth. tongue sticking out smiley

Brownie Icing
1 avocado
1 banana (or you can substitute the 1 avocado and 1 banana for just 2 avocados if you don’t want any banana flavoring)
1/2 cup raw honey (or agave nectar if you don’t want to use honey for vegan/diabetic purposes)
1/4 cup raw cacao powder
2 tablespoons raw coconut oil
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
dash of salt
dash of cinnamon

Mix these ingredients in a food processor as well until super creamy. Adjust the levels of ingredients as you see to taste. If it is too bitter, add more agave nectar/honey or maybe add more avocado/banana. If it’s too sweet, add more cacao powder. Play around with it. It’s your creation! Feel free to make up your own recipe and discover crazy delicious new recipes.

We put the raw brownies in the freezer so it’ll harden. If you like them warmer (I usually do… but it’s getting kind of hot in Las Vegas nowadays), you don’t have to put it in the freezer. It’s just preference, really.

Hope you enjoyed the recipe. Let me know if you like it. Have a great day!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Brownies
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: April 03, 2010 06:58PM

Wow! That sounds really awesome and easy...thanks muchly! I think I'm gonna substitute carob for the cacao. It's amazing that raw carob is virtually impossible to find in health stores...I'll probably end up ordering some.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 03, 2010 07:10PM

Thanks! Hope you enjoy it. I don't know how to post pictures... so I didn't, but they are on the website. www.lucycou.com

I'm looking through the forums to find out how to post pictures. If anyone sees this help me out! Thanks. smiling smiley

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: April 03, 2010 08:23PM

lucycou Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks! Hope you enjoy it. I don't know how to
> post pictures... so I didn't, but they are on the
> website. www.lucycou.com
>
> I'm looking through the forums to find out how to
> post pictures. If anyone sees this help me out!
> Thanks. smiling smiley

Hi lucycou,
On posting pics on this site there are guidelines under-- [www.rawfoodsupport.com]

except use no spaces, i.e.

[ img](pasteaddressofpicture)[/img] does not work, but drop the space preceeding the first "img" and it should work.

Hope this helps.

By the way, I haven't quite figured out why some pics post and others don't.. still learning this tech stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2010 08:28PM by loeve.

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: April 06, 2010 03:52PM

[search.aol.com]

..google image from Lucycou's website -- Nice!

ps..couldn't resist trying out the pic posting feature )P

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables