Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Sesame Seeds
Posted by: stellium ()
Date: April 23, 2010 08:16PM

Sorry if there is already a thread on this.... but what are some of your favorite ways to use SESAME SEEDS? For the first time I made some Tahini "paste" aka a semi-failure because I didn't use enough but it's still great. I started to read about these seeds and while running errands at this cool Koreatown home supply store I saw a super cheap sesame seed crusher, it got my mind going... like what else can I use these guys for? Any ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sesame Seeds
Posted by: Trive ()
Date: April 24, 2010 03:20AM

Check out the wrap recipes in "Wraps Galore" on the recipe forum. There are lots of lettuce wrap fillings that use tahini to bind the ingredients. The fillings can also be used to stuff veggies.

I also like adding a little tahini to salad dressings. It makes them creamy. When it's an oriental salad, I also sprinkle sesame seeds on top.

My favorite raw vegan

Re: Sesame Seeds
Posted by: Laura-Jane ()
Date: May 02, 2010 02:17AM

Sweet halvah for dessert! Requires a specialty grinder, but it sounds like you've got something that works. I use a coffee grinder (which I use specifically for small nuts and seeds.)

Halvah is quick and easy. I often make it if I'm yearning for something sweet after dinner.[Recipe for sweet halvah here.]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2010 02:18AM by Laura-Jane.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables