Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

almond and other "MYLKs"
Posted by: stellium ()
Date: April 30, 2010 03:38AM

I'm going to try making some almond mylk soon. There are SO many recipes online. What are your favorites? ALSO, after soaking and blending, when you filter it through a bag what do you do with the left over nut pieces in the bag? I heard you can use them for alternate recipes. The idea of having the 'leftovers' for another purpose is exciting to me. Sorry if there is already a thread about this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: almond and other "MYLKs"
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 30, 2010 03:50AM

There is some info on this topic here
[www.rawfreedomcommunity.info]

Be sure to check out her blog, sunny raw cafe. The recipes are Mind Blowing!

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: May 02, 2010 01:13PM

I keep my almond milk simple for the most part; maybe a small amount of stevia. Also, when blending, only run the blender a few seconds, just to chop up the nuts & that's all.

The tendency is to really liquefy it for a minute or so, & if you do that, when you go to strain through the nut milk bag, those fine nut particles will clog the pores of the bag, making it very difficult to squeeze the milk out.

We have used the pulp for rolling & making nut butter balls, then chill in fridge. Makes a great healthy snack!

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: May 02, 2010 09:49PM

I love Ani Phyo's recipe for pumpkin seed mylk. It's in her first recipe book.

Posted by: gz ()
Date: June 14, 2010 12:16AM

I soak about half a cup of pumpkin seeds overnight, discard soak water, put in blender with around 4 cups of water, and just let blend until smooth. No straining needed if you've got a decent blender. By the time its nice and smooth though, its usually starting to warm up, so I add a few frozen strawberries to cool it down, and let them blend until there's no trace of chunks. I also add raw honey and maca flour for that malty flavor. Then preferably chill to a nice cold temp. I don't have that kind of patience and end up drinking the entire blender full and regretting it when I feel all bloated smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables