Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Im new here and looking for recipes...
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: May 09, 2010 09:33AM

Hi, im new to the site, and to raw food in general, im not planning at the moment to switch over entirely to raw food, as financially its impossible for me at the moment, but I would love to hear all of your like top 5 favorite recipes, especially cheap ones... I'll start off by sharing one that I made myself, adapted from the basic recipe for pico de gallo, heres a link to the recipe I just posted on my blog, so this message wont be to big... Ive also added apples cut into matchsticks into this be4 as well and I liked it allot, but its not for everyone... Ive yet to find anyone who didnt LOVE the recipe without the apples however...

[museumofmunch.blogspot.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Im new here and looking for recipes...
Date: May 09, 2010 06:32PM

way to make a guy feel welcomewinking smiley, lol...:/

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: May 09, 2010 08:08PM

Here are some raw food sites with recipes that'll get you going:

[rawon10.blogspot.com]
[www.goneraw.com]
[www.allrawrecipes.com]
[www.fromsadtoraw.com]
[gliving.com]
[www.rawmazing.com]
[rawvegangreece.blogspot.com]
[www.kristensraw.com]
[blog.fatfreevegan.com]
[www.rawloulou.blogspot.com]
[www.rawfoodtalk.com]
[thesunnyrawkitchen.blogspot.com]

And welcome to the site. I posted a lot a wrap ideas on the recipe forum here a while back. There are lots of recipes on this site that you get to from the first screen that comes up. Hope that helps.

My favorite raw vegan

Date: May 10, 2010 11:12PM

cool, thanks, I i will check them out, I was just wanting to hear some peoples favorites though, its one thing to look at a huge list of recipes, its another to know out of that huge amount of recipes, which ones people like to eat most often... oh, and if you try the recipe I posted, let me know how you like it, I seriously cant get enough of it!!! its what got me interested in raw foods, other than the obvious health benefits of course...

Date: May 10, 2010 11:31PM

Ive just looked at the first link so far... and dang... that blog is amazing!!!! i cant wait to check out all the other links!... but im still exploring this one,lol, thankyou ^_^

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 12, 2010 02:48AM

I am new to the raw food lifestyle also. I have been looking for easy recipes and came across this recipe and after making some alterations to the original which called for soy milk( which I cant consume to much of)and blanched almonds it originally called for ... I have to say it is one of my favorite!

White grape Gazpacho

. Ingredients

* 2 1/2 cups seedless white grapes, plus more finely chopped or sliced, for garnish ( I bet you could use any grape you like though)
* 1 cup regular coconut water, chilled (this was my sub. for soy milk)
* 1/2 cup soaked raw almonds ( it originally called for blanched almonds but i used almonds that I soaked for two hours)
* 2 scallions, white and green parts, chopped, plus more thinly sliced, for garnish
* 1 lime, juiced (I used lemon because I had no limes on hand)
* Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper( I used sea salt)

Directions

Put the coconut water and almonds in the jar of a blender and puree until very smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes. With the motor running, slowly add the grapes, scallions and lime juice; season with salt and pepper and puree until well blended.

To serve, pour into a small bowls and garnish with chopped or sliced grapes and sliced scallions.

Note: Gazpacho can be served immediately but is even better if refrigerated until very cold. Stir well before serving.

Date: May 12, 2010 09:08AM

the flavor combination sounded really good to me, but texture is a BIG thing for me... so I basically made this without blending it...lol... and I liked it!!! I didnt put scallions in the whole thing though, I tried some with it, and some without, and I liked both, but I think I preferred it without, thanks, this is a great recipe grinning smiley

Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: May 15, 2010 01:53PM

jennifer cornbleet's marinara recipe is the BEST raw pasta sauce i've tried yet!!!
throw it up on some angel hair zucchini .
also, award winning dessert that i've blown minds with.....the CAFE GRATITUDE pumpkin chocolate cheesecake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

non raw folks , shoot, non vegans even, "normal folks" if you will, don't know the difference. in fact they like it more so than other cheesecakes !!!!!

The Raw Lion 440 pounds to 225 pounds!

Date: May 15, 2010 03:13PM

wooo, thanks, I'll google the recipes and see what i can find, oh the recipe I posted I think youl love, as it was got me interested in the raw diet to begin with, I had never even heard of it, and I was visiting a friend of mine, her family where there and I noticed they where eating pretty much nothing but veggies and fruits, so I made this recipe for them, and they absolutely loved it, saying they had been doing the raw food diet for over a year, and it was the best thing they had ever tasted, then they told me about the raw food diet, so I came online to look stuff up, and voila, ended up here!!! lol... if you do end up trying it and liking it, let me know, and if you think of any good alterations, id love to hear them too!!! I make a batch of this EVERY week and dont get tired of it, although lately havnt been putting bell pepper in it...been to expensive lately:/... I'll post the recipe in the next comment just for anyone thats shy of clicking on a link posted by somebody they dont really know...I know I usually am!!! thanks for the info.

Date: May 15, 2010 03:13PM

South American Slaw.

This recipe makes enough to feed ALLOT of people, or 2 people for a week... but believe me,it hardly ever lasts that long, 4 days is the longest ive seen it last...

first I will start with the main slaw part, you will need...

1 green cabbage
1 red cabbage
1 Large purple onion, red if you want a bit more bite...
3-6 yellow,orange or red bell peppers, any combination of the 3 youd like, or just one of the 3...
1 bunch of cilantro

Quarter and core each cabbage, then slice into thin ribbon like strips, then cut strips in half so they are somewhere between 2-3 inches or so long, it doesnt matter much but its better for both presentation and is easier to eat... slice onion into strips of similar length, slice bell peppers into about match stick thickness, and finally wash cilantro, cut off most of the stems, and slice it up small... mix everything together!

Dressing:

the juice of 8-12 fresh limes, NOT those plastic things full of lime juice...it just doesnt taste right...its actually kinda nasty in this recipe...

1-3 large jalepeno peppers depending on how spicy you want it, I usually only go with 1 if they are rather hot peppers...

and an entire large bulb of garlic.

Pinch of salt and pepper.

Place lime juice into blender or food processor, if you want to spend the time and you have a zester, a teaspoon of lime zest can be added in at this time too... remove the stem and seeds from the jalepeno/s, slice them up and add them in with the lime juice, peel the garlic and add them in as well, add the pinch of salt and pepper... blend all till completely smooth or as close as possible, then add to your sliced veggies and toss thoroughly... if possible, let sit covered in fridge for at least an hour, its even better the next day as leftovers!!! there are so many healt benefits from this recipe... its all raw so you keep all the yummy minerals and vitamins, its chemically cooked by the acid in the lime juice though so it kills bacteria, an it tastes sooooo good you can even get meat and potato eaters like my dad to eat bowl after bowl after bowl of it voluntarily...lol...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Date: May 19, 2010 11:14PM

Cant seem to find the cheesecake recipe anywhere on google, did find the marinara recipe, in video form on youtube, and it looks amazing!!! a bit pricey to make so it may be awhile be4 i can try it out, but believe me, as soon as i can i will, cause that looks amazing!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 03, 2010 05:44PM

I am a bit dumb founded about how to plan for my daily food . The raw way is not your typical breakfast lunch and dinner . I guess I am having the most trouble with my morning meal , or breakfast . Any suggestions on how to start out the day in the raw . Many Thanks ,
Tom

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: June 03, 2010 08:23PM

Tom,

One way to go is GREEN SMOOTHIES!!! Choose some greens, a combination of fruit, some liquid (e.g., water, juice, coconut water), blend to smithereens and drink.

(Insert smiley face with lapping tongue here.)

My favorite raw vegan

Date: June 05, 2010 03:36AM

ohhh I love green smoothies...mmmmmmmmm banana and berries seem the best at covering up the taste of more bitter greens too...from what ive found so far ^_^

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables