Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Mayonnaise recipe?
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: June 10, 2010 09:21PM

Anyone have a good Raw Mayonnaise recipe? One that doesn't use tofu...Trying to find a healthy way to please non-raw fooders...

Thanks! smiling smiley

Re: Raw Mayonnaise recipe?
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: June 11, 2010 12:09PM

Ive not made this, but it sounds fairly good to me, they claim its vegan, but it includes honey, im sure you could probably substitute a small amount of agave nectar or something...only one way to find out!!!

[www.ezhealthydiet.com]

the only issue I see with the recipe as far as flavor goes, is well, using truly raw olive oil to make this, seems like it would be a tad be expensive for a mayo substitute... plus if you use extra virgin, the flavor may be a little to strong for it to pass as mayo... and I dont know if there are any truly raw olive oils that aren't extra virgin?

I had one made with a really young soft tofu once before that tasted just like real mayo to me and had the same consistency... so I never ate it again, as I hate mayo...lol...

here is another recipe with no tofu I found, but it honestly doesnt sound like it would taste very close to mayo...

[www.recipezaar.com]

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: June 13, 2010 06:34PM

If you decide not to make it, I really advocate for Vegannaise, even though it's not raw. I mean, are you serving a 100% raw meal? If not, then making raw mayo isn't necessary but you can still get good vegan stuff. I don't like Nayonaise. Never did...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 14, 2010 04:21PM

The almonaise here is really terrific and tastes just like helman's, all her recipes are stellar and please many non-raw palates. You can buy 2 of her ebooks for a great price right now, the chocolate raspberry mousse tort is to freaking live for, ooohhh sssoooo yyuuummmmyyy!
[thesunnyrawkitchen.blogspot.com]

Almonnaise
Adapted from the recipe in Marilyn Diamond's book "Fit For Life"

½ cup raw almonds
½ to ¾ cup water
1 tsp nutritional yeast
1 or 2 garlic cloves, crushed
¾ tsp salt
1 tsp herbal seasoning
1 to 1 ¼ cup oil (I like to use 1/2 an avocado instead)
3 tbs lemon juice
½ tsp apple cider vinegar

Grind almonds in coffee grinder to a fine powder. Transfer almonds to blender and add half the water along with yeast, garlic, salt and seasoning. Blend well, then add remaining water to form smooth cream.

With blender on low, remove insert in top and drizzle in the oil in a thin stream until mixture is thick.

Keep blender running and add lemon juice and vinegar. Blend on low for one more minute, to allow mixture to thicken.

Refrigerate tightly sealed.

Herbed variation:
At the end of blending the almonnaise, add: 2 tsp minced chive or green onion, 2 tsp dried basil, some tarragon and dill and a handful of fresh parsley and cilantro. Yum!

Date: June 14, 2010 04:51PM

banana - we use the Vegannaise now, but want to move in as "raw" a direction as possible, lol

Curator - thanks for the link - I believe I did come across that in my prev. travels - I will keep it in mind - minus the honey of course!

coco - thanks for that recipe - I like the looks of the ingredients

...you wouldn't believe how "fussy" these particular folks are that I am trying to please... grinning smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 14, 2010 04:55PM

That one really does taste like the real thing.

I just found this recipe as well, have to give it a try and see

Hollandaise Sauce
By Ani Phyo
Posted on Gone Raw

1/3 cup of water
2/3 cups soaked almond
2/3 tsp salt
1/3 tsp turmeric
1/3 cup olive oil

Carmella's Note: I made a few mods: I added more lemon juice and a touch of agave and raw sesame oil.

Really, see her blog for some incredible inspiration and recipes. Fussy doesn't stand a chance!

Date: July 05, 2010 08:20PM

coco -

I did the Almonnaise recipe today, it is very yummy!

I stuck pretty close to the ingredient list, except added a bit of dill. Does the family like it? Well, let's just say they are not big fans of garlic...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables