Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Anyone know a good beet salad recipe?
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: August 17, 2010 07:18PM

Actually pickled, with some vinegar, Ive not fermented anything be4 except cabbage once, and half my jars did not turn out well, so im loathe to attempt it again while my budget is so tight... how does watermelon rind take to fermentation? I know its great pickled...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 19, 2010 02:03AM

These beets are freaking AMAZING!!! Oh man, this is the best kitchen thing I ever, ever bought, I totally love it so much! It's fool proof, really, I can ferment anything at all in 4 days. So tasty, wow, so absolutely, blissfully num!

Date: August 20, 2010 02:04AM

Im just wondering, what is the difference between their product and a normal jar? I noticed that strange looking thing that hooks up to the the hole in the middle of the lid, is to to help measure gasses produced during fermentation so you can tell when its ready? they dont explain much on the website, but im fairly confident I may be able to actually make this myself as long as there isnt anything special about it that I cant see clearly in their picturesgrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: August 20, 2010 03:07PM

I think you could make one yourself, you need that valve (that keeps bacteria out and that's what usually spoils ferments) but you also need some sort of rubber plug to insert in a plastic jar lid for the valve to stick into. And the recipe book with the amounts etc. He gives great tips, sends out an email with recipes and info now and then and is great with customer service. I don't mind supporting his little company, I love that he's created and is providing this awesome product.

Date: August 20, 2010 09:59PM

Something I enjoy is:
Grated beets
Grated jicama
Grated apple
That's it. Simple yum.

Date: August 20, 2010 11:15PM

yeah, unfortunately I dont have the mmoney for it, but I may after I move...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables