Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw candies???
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: June 29, 2010 01:02AM

Im looking for information on raw candiesgrinning smiley or well not specifically candy persay, but raw treats like that...

A raw taffy similar to salt water taffy seems possible... anybody got any ideas for that? Hard candies seem improbable, as does Nougat, for multiple reasons:/... I know there are many things made with dates, but im just wondering if there are any types of raw candy like treats that more resemble types of conventional candy, not so much for me as ive never been a big candy fan (except taffy...mmm...) but for a friend im trying to lure towards raw food a bit,lol.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw candies???
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 29, 2010 03:49AM

here is a raw chocolate bar , tho it uses maple syrup with is not raw smiling smiley [dairyfreecooking.about.com]

and some other raw candy recipe [allrecipes.com]

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2010 03:52AM by Jgunn.

Date: June 29, 2010 04:37AM

thanksgrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: June 29, 2010 04:40AM

hey, I just thought of something... I wonder if Rice flour could be used to make a taffy like product... kinda like mochi... or something similar...hmmm...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 29, 2010 04:10PM

Dates are totally like caramel, you could dehydrate them to get them more taffy like.

Date: June 29, 2010 04:28PM

hmmm, really? like fresh dates? Ive only had dried ones, and they didnt seem like caramel to me, but I guess one could say they are kinda taffy like!!! yeah, i think I can definitely see that... they are very expensive here though, so that shall have to wait till my income is a bit higher to test extensively,lol! (speaking of which, that may happen soon, woohoo!)

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 29, 2010 07:44PM

Medjool dates are the best, if you peeled off the thin kind of skin and sliced them up thinly to dehydrate I am sure they'd be just like sticky toffee. Really good, mmm.

Date: June 30, 2010 08:09AM

that sounds awesome, I will definitely try them next time Im able to get ahold of somegrinning smiley thanks coco grinning smiley

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables