Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

dehydrating
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 03, 2010 03:41PM

I can't afford a dehydrator for now, but was wondering if anyone has experimented with solar dehydrating outside on full sunny days?

-Sandra

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: dehydrating
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 03, 2010 04:03PM

I can't remember where I read it but it apparently gets too hot for food to stay raw dehydrated outside. Better off using the box fan and air con filter method I think, that is cool and I hear effective.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: July 03, 2010 10:01PM

its quite effective, just gotta make sure you are using air con filters or furnace filters that are fiberglass free, and dont use anti-bacterial/anti-fungal treatments in them, im not sure if they are exactly bad for you, but I think at the very least, it cant be good to have that stuff in your filters your using for dehydrating...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: chat ()
Date: June 04, 2012 06:22AM

I was also wondering, we have a fan assisted oven - the fan is positioned right in the middle of the back wall of the oven, essentially blowing air to the front. Would this work well as a dehydrator? My worry is the lowest temperature is 50C, but considering the door will be fully open, do you think it might still be ok?

I don't want to buy the real thing because eventually I want to eat more naturally, but for now I sometimes still enjoy sprouted and dehydrated buckwheat....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables