Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw "ketchup"
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 25, 2010 01:03PM

When my boyfriend gets back from doing some stuff for the Army, in two weeks, we are going to start eating a lot differently. I've done the raw food thing before, but I want to begin working on adopting it as a permanent lifestyle, I really feel it will especially help his digestion/acid reflux issues. That being said, this man is ketchup OBSESSED! He puts it on anything and everything, and yes...I mean everything. Does anyone have some sort of "raw ketchup" recipe? Just tomatoes won't work because oddly enough he doesn't like tomatoes...I know, odd. I need it to be a little sweet like conventional ketchup...just something to satisfy the craving it's inevitable for him to have.

Thanks!
~Kyra

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw "ketchup"
Date: July 25, 2010 03:03PM

There are SO many raw ketchup recipes! The best thing to do is google and try a few of them in very small batches until you get one that tastes acceptable. They can be made with apple cider vinegar which is also good for acid reflux, or so I've heard. A woman I know is taking a TBSP of ACV every morning and it's helped her acid reflux enormously. She said it's had the added and unexpected bonus of causing her to consistantly lose weight too. Pretty nifty smiling smiley.

Re: Raw "ketchup"
Date: August 10, 2010 11:16AM

Hi

KETCHUP

1 C sun-dried tomatoes
1 C tomatoes
1 T garlic, minced
1/4 C onion, chopped
10 basil leaves
2 T apple cider vinegar
6 dates
1/4 C olive oil
2 T agave syrup, or to taste
sea salt to taste

In a blender, puree all ingredients to a ketchup consistency.

Thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables