Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Plum recipes?
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: August 01, 2010 12:00AM

I got a great deal on a ton of plums! I need some recipes...anyone have any good ones to share?

Thanks! smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Plum recipes?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 01, 2010 02:09AM

I love plum butter, it's like apple butter but both are cooked 4ever. I was wondering if there was a way to make it in a dehydrator or if it would just have to be in there for such a long time that it would just be yucky grossly dead by the end.
You could dehydrate thin slices or puree for plum jerky/leather.
I know I've seen recipes for raw apple crumble/crisp, easy to switch that up for plums.
Good juiced?
I think I posted a recipe on here long ago for plum carpaccio...
this isn't it but it still looks good though I would sub the agave for a date puree or use maple syrup (which I'm not adverse to):
[ohgave.com]

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: August 01, 2010 06:55AM

I love plum leather(and pear...oh god pear...drool) with a passion, its a good way to go..."chips" like apple chips im sure would be awesome too but im not sure how well that would work...i dunno... sliced in salads is yummy, as is pureed in the the dressing...mmmmm...a plum salsa could be delicious, I think id probably do plum and mango though, or plum and pineapple... dice it up, add some diced onions, cilantro, then some lime juice with a little garlic and jalapeno pureed in it, and voila! you could even add some diced tomato in there too, I like it either way...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Date: August 01, 2010 11:41AM

I was thinking of plum butter/jam/jelly/preserve type of thing, but as you stated coco, all the recipes I see involve cooking... sad smiley

We freeze alot of different fruits to make sorbets with, but I am not sure about sour plum sorbet, lol...might work, I don't know... I might look into the raw apple crumble/crisp...

We did do some dehydrating off & on, but we really don't get into it that much.

Date: August 02, 2010 09:28AM

plum & pineapple would make a yummy sorbet I bet...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: August 02, 2010 10:26AM

Curator Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> plum & pineapple would make a yummy sorbet I
> bet...

That sounds like a good combo - we also have some peaches frozen, I wonder if plum/peach will work good together...

Date: August 02, 2010 10:33AM

well, depending on the plum or peach, I think one or the other could kinda outshine the other, so finding the right balance to where you can get a little bit of the personality of both would be important, im sure no matter what though it wouldnt taste BAD... Peach and banana has been pleasant for me, about 3/5ths peach to 2/5ths banana was my favored combination, but that could change considerably based on the peaches and bananas used...adding a little pineapple improved the whole thing allot... i personally really like the creamy consistency so a LITTLE banana with the plums in whatever combination you choose with other fruits would probably improve texture considerably... Id like to have some sour plum and peach though, that sounds great... pickled plum halves are strangely good too, but in a unique, not every bodies cup of tea kinda way...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: Swayze ()
Date: August 02, 2010 01:52PM

Plums chopped up with other stone fruits (e.g. peaches, nectarines, apricots, etc.) into a big fruit salad is always awesome. smiling smiley

Swayze
[www.fitonraw.com]

Posted by: GilmoreGirl ()
Date: August 04, 2010 02:42PM

Plum Apple Sauce
Apple, chopped
Cinnamon
Agave
Little water

Plum & Kiwi Pudding

Banana Plum Cinnamon Smoothie

Simple Raw Recipes & Health Tips

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 10, 2010 11:13AM

Hi

lum Cake recipe
White sugar 3/4 cup
Butter 1/2 cup
Egg 1
All-purpose flour 1-1/2 cups
Baking soda 3/4 tspn
Ground cinnamon 1 tspn
Ground allspice 1/2 tspn
Ground cloves 1/2 tspn
Salt 1/4 tspn
Raisins 1 cup
Plums 3/4 cup
Banana baby food 1/2 cup
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C).

Grease a 9-inch pan.

In large bowl, cream sugar and shortening until light and fluffy.

Add egg and blend well.

Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.

Combine ¼ cup of flour with raisins and plums stir until coated.

Set aside.

Add remaining 1¼ cups flour, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, cloves and salt to egg mixture.

Blend at low speed until moistened, then beat 2 minutes on medium speed.

Fold fruit mixture and baby food into batter.

Pour batter into 9-inch pan.

Bake at 325 degrees F (160 degrees C) for 1hour and 15 to 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes clean.

Cool upright in pan 5 minutes.

Turn upright onto wire rack and cool completely.

Thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables