Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Paint strainer bags instead of nut mylk bags!
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: September 11, 2010 09:09PM

I cannot remember which one of you brilliant peeps gave me the great tip on this, but thanks muchly! I finally went out to the hardware store and bought a bag. It contained two bags, fine nylon mesh with an elastic top (great to fit over the blender or mason jar!). I had bought cheesecloth in the past and what I found is that it being cloth made the bag very hard to clean because the particles clung to the cloth. Nylon seems like it would be slippery enough to cleanly rinse off. The cost? $1.99 for two bags!!! Can't beat it!

Re: Paint strainer bags instead of nut mylk bags!
Posted by: Punkrotten ()
Date: September 12, 2010 01:09AM

Great! Thanks for the info! I eventually want to get around to getting some bags/strainers soon. I may just d what you did.

Posted by: Punkrotten ()
Date: September 22, 2010 09:17PM

Can I ask what specific store you went to? Could I find this in any hardware store? How about a walmart in their hardware area?

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: September 24, 2010 12:59AM

I went to my local hardware store; always bestsmiling smiley Support the little guy over the giants. I really wouldn't expect to find it in a Walmart because it's kind of a specialty item, as far as I can see. The lady behind the counter scrunched up her brow when I inquired about it and luckily I was able to find it hanging on one wall. But I am amazed at how well it works and the fact that for two bags @ $2, I probably saved $14 + shipping!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables