Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Making Rejuvelac - have questions
Posted by: Punkrotten ()
Date: September 16, 2010 08:03PM

Hi,

So I made some rejuvelac but I do not know if it came out right. It taste like water with lemon added. I hear its suppose to be sweet, but mine is not really sweet. Whats the taste and smell suppose to be like? Also, could I use the wheat sprouts to make bread afterwards? Is it safe? Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Making Rejuvelac - have questions
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 16, 2010 08:41PM

This is not a drink that's recommended by Hypocrates any more as it is likely to have as much unfriendly bacteria in it as the desirable kind. They've done some extensive testing to come up with this conclusion.
Are you after a source of healthy pro-biotics, is that why you're making rejuvelac? I am using a very nifty pickling jar called the Perfect Pickler (you might be able to find another brand or make one yourself) to ferment veggies that are full of good probiotics. There's an air lock valve to keep out bad bacteria so it's pretty fool-proof.
As for the fermented wheat sprouts, I don't know for certain but when it comes to food prep I lean towards that old saying "When in doubt, throw it out!".
Best of luck!

Date: September 16, 2010 08:56PM

I'm making it to drink and I am also going to use some of the rejuvelac to make some nut cheese. I have probiotic pills, and really I want to make the nut cheese is why I made the rejuvelac. I dont really care about drinking it. Yeah I hear about this about rejuvelac before. The recipe for cheese is 1 cup cashew, 1 cup almonds, 1 cup pine nuts, 1 tbs rejuvelac. So if I were to use probiotic pills, how much should I use?

And should I substitute all nut cheeses that use rejuvelac to probiotic pills/powder?

I figured since I had wheat sprouts I could make bread with it too. Nothing wrong with the sprouts from what I could tell, I was just wondering if they are usable at this stage after making rejuvelac.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 16, 2010 10:36PM

I can't help you with the cheese but if you check out the raw freedom community they are big on fancy recipes and I know there's lots of info about cheeses there.

As for the wheat sprouts, I assume they would be as fermented as the juice they have been turning so I personally wouldn't use them but that's just me.

Date: September 18, 2010 12:50AM

I tossed the bread and rejuvelac don't wanna take any chances. I guess I will use probiotic pills for making cheese.

Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: September 18, 2010 03:08AM

I tried making rejuvelac once and had the same experience. I drank it anyway. It made me feel really good right away. I haven't done it again though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables