Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

The 9-5er
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 01, 2011 12:12AM

Hey Guys,

Maybe you can help me. I've been a vegetarian for almost 8 years. I've been attempting a vegan diet and it's gone okay. I would LOVE to attempt a Raw Lifestyle and see what it can do for me. I have one issue. I'm a mom, FT student, and I work a regular M-F 9-5 Job. I'm having a hard time finding recipes that can work for someone on such a tight schedule. Most recipes I see require numerous ingredients. Does anyone suggest any good beginner books etc?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The 9-5er
Posted by: allenstriker ()
Date: February 01, 2011 02:34AM

Hi tawnymarie,

The book I would recommend
Raw Food Made Easy For 1 or 2 People - Jennifer Cornbleet and you have the DVD too.

This video contains one of the recipes in the book and DVD:
[www.youtube.com] and are more.

At first I thought that raw food was harder to do, but I when saw this book recipes and then the DVD, was much easier. But there are many more.

-------------------
My Blog:Raw Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners, Snacks that I liked =D

Eat. Blog. Be Naked.

If it's love and dreams that you're looking then you'll become magical.
Now, let´s cast a smile spell.

Posted by: Laura-Jane ()
Date: February 13, 2011 09:42PM

You must be busy! What are you studying?

I have a raw food plan that I put together that uses very basic ingredients and simple recipes. The plan comes with enough recipes for 30 days (and it comes with a recipe book). You can check out more details here: [www.rawfooddietplanhq.com]

Seriously, you must be busy. I don't have any children, but I am also going to school and working 9-5 and I am going a little bananas without children smiling smiley

Best of luck with your raw journey.

My biggest suggestion is to always have a green smoothie for breakfast (and make sure to rinse the blender ASAP so that it's not hard to clean after). Have a salad for lunch, and then be sure to always have some nut pate in the fridge. That works for me, most days. smiling smiley

Oh yeah, and be sure to have some good dessert on hand too, like easy brownies in the fridge: [therawtarian.com]

Good luck and keep us posted!

Laura-Jane the Rawtarian

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 16, 2011 07:28PM

Laura,

I bought the e-book. Wow! You saved me. I was convinced I was going to have to start sprouting and learning so many different ingredients that I know nothing about just in order to eat! All of these ingredients or dishes you have are easy to make and the majority of the ingredients I already have familiarity with from being vegan....You're right I have mucho going on! Just went 100% Raw and am expecting my food processor/blender today via the lovely Amazon! I want to make simple things I can take along like a raw granola bar or bites or some crackers. I have am 11 day trip to Palm Springs starting Friday with a side trip to Disney. Need to get some things I can take on the go! Can't wait. I've signed up for some actual classes through Whole Foods with Heather via rawbayarea.com But, those are still a few weeks away. I will recommend your e-book and totally link to it on my blog!

Allen,

I added the links and friended Cornbleet on Facebook. Will definitely be following her! Thank you for all the tips guys!

Posted by: Laura-Jane ()
Date: March 19, 2011 07:12PM

Hi Tawny,

So glad that my plan is working for you. I did try to choose very easy recipes for exactly the reasons that you specified. smiling smiley I don't like complicated recipes!!

You'll have a leg up on me, because I wasn't vegan before I went raw.

Have an amazing time in Palm Springs and Disney!!

All the best to you!

Laura-Jane

PS: I would love to check out your blog! What's the link? Bye!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables