Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Quick and Yummy Salad Dressing
Posted by: trox ()
Date: March 23, 2011 05:34PM

I just whipped this up over a salad with spinach, raddish, cucumber, red bell, carrot, raisins and sunflower seeds.

In a personal blender, mix 2 tablespoons of pine nuts, juice of half a lemon, 1 teaspoon agave, 1 and a half inch peeled chunk of cucumber, teeny tiny pinch of cayenne and some oil for consistency.

Yum.

Good Vibrations,
Trox

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Quick and Yummy Salad Dressing
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 24, 2011 03:09PM

That sounds yummy! Couple of questions: 'personal blender,' as in mini blender? What brand are you using? And pine nuts: at my produce market they keep them behind the customer service desk because they are so expensive! Are you able to get raw ones and how much do they go per pound?

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: March 24, 2011 05:16PM

Pistachios often make a decent alternative to pine nuts...they arent quite the same, but usually much cheaper... btw recipe does sound yummysmiling smiley

Date: March 24, 2011 08:26PM

@BW, the pine nuts here are expensive, but you don't need that much to make the dressing. And it is super delish. You may be able to substitue a spoon full of hemp seeds instead?

My personal blender is a tribest. I love this thing! I bought it on Amazon for about $40? I think and it is perfect for throwing together smoothie ingredients in the mornings so I can take it to work or making salad dressings. I can not stress how much I love this product! The one I ordered comes with a grinder which is GREAT for flax seeds or other seeds. I use it to grind up my sunflower seeds before I make pate.

I usually do a sweeter salad dressing, but I wanted to experiment and try something to match the all veggie mood of my salad. This dressing did the trick. smiling smiley

Good Vibrations,
Trox

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: March 25, 2011 04:25AM

i would replace the agave with blended dates (just blend a bit of water in the witth dates so its not so thick) they give a really nice sweet taste adn are unprocessed smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 25, 2011 03:44PM

I was thinking about getting one of those, Trox. Do you ever make smoothies with it? I am wondering about its durability.

Date: March 28, 2011 06:50PM

@BW-yea...I make green smoothies ALL the time with it! I probably use it four or five times a week. My smoothies usually contain frozen fruit, spinach, chia seeds, hemp seed and some agave nectar or stevia. The Tribest blends it all wonderfully. I do stop blending and shake it up just to make sure every last pieces gets homogenized.

I recommend it without hesitation.

Good Vibrations,
Trox

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables