Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Thoughts on fruit juices?
Posted by: RawYogiBri ()
Date: May 06, 2011 07:04PM

I understand that it's normally suggested that you have more green juice then fruit in your drinks when juicing, and that you should eat fruits whole because of the fiber, and process of slowing down the sugar but is there any major real negative affects to just drinking the fruit juices?

I work at whole foods, and they create fresh batches of fruits juices every day that i love to consume while at work if i am not making banana/green smoothies

just curious on most peoples thoughts.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thoughts on fruit juices?
Posted by: RawYogiBri ()
Date: May 06, 2011 07:39PM

I believe this ended up in the wrong forum, i do apologize

Yoga, living foods, exercise(fun activities), love, and laughter is the key to a healthy life. You are your own god so make it a positive experience and manifest a wonderful life.

I am vegan for moral reasons, I am raw because I love my body!

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: June 22, 2011 09:22PM

don't drink fruit smoothies, free or otherwise. Eat your fruit whole and limit it to low sugar fruits such as berries, melons, and citrus. Best move. Low sugar helps to manage cravings and improve mental clarity. Best.

Paul

Date: August 10, 2011 08:12PM

I wonder, too. I'm on my third week of doing veggie smoothies and even adding in fruit hasn't improved the palatibility much, so I'm going to start mixing in commercial (Tropicana, Dole, etc.) juices: organe, apple, pineapple, grape, and various mixes! I'm going to try doing just a little, enough to improve the taste....

My understanding is that some sugar in the morning, like right after waking up, is a good way to wake up and healthy enough as the body has been on at least an eight-hour (ideally!) fast....

Date: August 10, 2011 08:14PM

pborst Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> don't drink fruit smoothies, free or otherwise.
> Eat your fruit whole and limit it to low sugar
> fruits such as berries, melons, and citrus. Best
> move. Low sugar helps to manage cravings and
> improve mental clarity. Best.
>
> Paul

How about blending with fruits? Should be good, right, on account of the fiber....

Posted by: rawalice ()
Date: August 12, 2011 02:35PM

i like juice. of course you miss out on the fiber, but probably the only thing to really be concerned with is the sugar intake/calorie count as far as weight goes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables