Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Seeking Storage Solution for Juice & Snacks
Posted by: adamlogan ()
Date: December 09, 2011 07:13AM

Hey all,

Wondering if anyone has suggestions on a re-usable solution to storing juice & snacks so that it lasts longer (or something similar). Am open to suggestions.

A friend of mine who homebrews puts a gas in the bottles, apparently the gas is heavier than air, so it displaces oxygen. But uh I'm not too keen on buying tanks of this gas (I forget which gas) and letting that interact with my juice. I don't know if it makes a difference, but I'd much rather a more eco friendly approach such as a vacuum or something. It'd be rad if it was built into the bottle too but it doesn't matter that much to me. Quality over quantity.

So apart from that I'm wondering if there's a decent solution for things like dehydrated snacks.

Hmm, search via duck duck search engine returned these; tightvac.com, freshvac.com, foodsaver.com. Can Anyone save me the trouble?

Hmm, canning. Overkill for my general needs, but maybe if I wanted to start a juicing business.. The process easily goes over the temperature killing the nutritional value of the food tho..

Would love some feedback related to this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Seeking Storage Solution for Juice & Snacks
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 09, 2011 01:41PM

Dehydrated snacks do just fine in glass jars with a tightly sealed lid. You just have to make sure that they are really dry as any moisture at all will cause condensation and soften up your crackers etc unpleasantly.
If you are wanting to take juice with you out of the house or store it in the fridge for later you can create airtight conditions by filling a mason jar right up to the top and placing the sealer lid and ring on top. This can make for a messy reopening and then you'd have to consume all of it within a short period of time but there are many sizes of jar to choose from.
The only issue with this is that the inside of the sealer lid is often coated with BPA, I would contact the company and ask them if they use it. It sort of defeats the purpose of using glass...

Re: Seeking Storage Solution for Juice & Snacks
Posted by: rawalice ()
Date: January 02, 2012 07:17AM

I think the best solution is places to go to. Buy fresh, use fresh.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables