Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Brussel Sprouts
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 30, 2011 06:41AM

I know that most people just love to hate on the poor ol little smelly sprout

but i love them smiling smiley

i used this recipie .. cept i used hemp seed oil instead of coconut oil .. i find hemp oil very neutral tasting smiling smiley

[www.alissacohen.com]

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Brussel Sprouts
Posted by: hiddenfang ()
Date: April 07, 2012 12:24AM

I love Brussels sprouts, too! I'll try this recipe when I can finally buy a dehydrator that won't cook my food.

Here's mine:

Make dressing out of 1 tbsp ACV, 1 tsp dijon, sea salt & pepper to taste, 3 tbsp EVOO. If you whisk in the oil slowly after mixing the other ingredients, it should emulsify because of the mustard. I've also had good results using freshly ground mustard (instead of prepared).

Shred about 1/2 pound Brussels sprouts with your handy mandoline. Crumble a handful of walnuts on top. Toss with salad dressing. Garnish with a sprinkle of nutritional yeast.

Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: April 09, 2012 03:15PM

NICE! I have a whole crock full of brussel sprouts fermenting! Can't wait to try alissa's recipe!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 12, 2012 04:18AM

Oh yummy hiddenfang definitely gonna try that! I'm glad I'm not alone in my Brussels sprout love hehe

Rawlion cool too. I am gonna try a small batch fermenting too. What's your recipie? smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables