Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Need recipes for using veggie pulp
Posted by: Molli ()
Date: March 07, 2012 12:39AM

Anyone care to share any recipes for using veggie pulp? I spend quite a bit of money on my organic veggies and would really like to find ways to use the pulp. I do have a dehydrator.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need recipes for using veggie pulp
Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: March 08, 2012 05:46PM

I usually take my pulp, fill the blender about 1/3 with pulp, add some water, then seasonings like garlic salt onion etc, and then I add flax seeds. maybe 1/4 cup per blender full. I puree this blend up . The key is the ratio, not the recipe. I like adding salsa type ingredients, like onion, lime juice/lemon juice, garlic a tomato or 3. a chile pepper of some type. So add enough flax seed to make substance thicken, but the blender should not have any trouble blending, otherwise add a bit extra water.....BUT don't add too much water or the cracker dough will be too runny in your dehydrator! So yeah, pulp plus seasonings, plus some flax seeds make awesome crackers. and its so much cheaper than buying raw crackers.....and you aren't wasting your precious pulp. try different ingredients, different salt levels etc. yum!

The Raw Lion 440 pounds to 225 pounds!

Posted by: Molli ()
Date: March 08, 2012 09:36PM

thanks much for the idea. I think I will try making crackers for the first time using your ideas!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 09, 2012 12:43AM

You can sprinkle carrot or beet pulp onto salad, it's pretty and tasty. Not so much mixed up with other veggie/fruit pulp though, only carrot and beet really work well for this.

Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: March 09, 2012 06:44PM

that is a good idea for the carrot and beet. so good for us too.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: March 09, 2012 08:54PM

Molli Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anyone care to share any recipes for using veggie
> pulp? I spend quite a bit of money on my organic
> veggies and would really like to find ways to use
> the pulp. I do have a dehydrator.

hmmm.. aint gonna tell. smiling smiley at least now.

Date: March 09, 2012 09:19PM

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

There are more but I was j/k above. winking smiley

Paul

Date: March 09, 2012 09:25PM

btw, the owner of the second video natasha st. michael is retrograde... she's eating animal products so just take the video for what it is worth. still makes a good recipe even if the original owner wants to run to cancer central.

Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2012 09:27PM by pborst.

Posted by: miriamkb ()
Date: March 12, 2012 07:25AM

I turn my veggie pulp into crackers or I dehydrate it and then sprinkle it on salads or add it to smoothies. I also use it as an all purpose thickener. Sometimes I also use it as a risotto. Good luck and good eating!

Posted by: whitecastle ()
Date: March 20, 2012 02:26AM

"meatballs" Same as crackers, just roll. Shred long strands of carrots and roll pulp "porcupines" (might include marinated mashed mushroom to make beefy) Serve on bean sprouts with tomato sauce. Or, Add mashed figs or dates, if your pulp is celery,beet, carrots (no onion or garlic in it, I mean) roll. Serve on syrup or banana sauce. Mixture may hold togeether with ground nuts or seeds, also (lot tastier).

Posted by: whitecastle ()
Date: March 20, 2012 03:26AM

Nori rolls. Process in food processor and Dress up pulp with tahini and chopped scallions. Garnish with pickled ginger. Roll nori sheet up.

Posted by: vegmichelle ()
Date: April 22, 2012 05:13PM

Bump for ideas along a similar thread but that don't use a dehydrator? With fruit, I add it into something that resembles oatmeal (but is made of other grains and seeds - because I'm gluten-free), but it isn't very appealing to do with the any vegetable leavings..

Keeping it raw at [rawfoodhealthwatch.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables