Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Need help on beginner's supper
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 16, 2006 08:53PM

Hi there
I'm contemplating this whole raw idea and so far i've set myself up to have raw all day except lunch. so my problem is what to have for supper?? I would very much appreciate a simple recipe that is filling(i'm used to eating alot so this wont be easy). I do not have a dehydrator but i'm hoping that i can use an oven at low temps if need be?

Thank you in advance for your help!
Regards
Jeanelize

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need help on beginner's supper
Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: October 16, 2006 10:40PM

What do you normally have for supper?

Ian.

Date: October 17, 2006 06:13AM

hmmm very bad stuff smiling smiley) lol well lets see. hamburgers or pizza, i love mash..some sort of fish or if i'm being good beans and salad..pasta is also good smiling smiley i know i know.. lots of changes ahead and hard work ish.. i hope i can do this...well i can only try!!

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: October 17, 2006 03:40PM

fyi-
in the winter i usually have one cooked food with my supper, or some sort of cooked food. that is just a personal choice and it works for me.

but for raw foods, i really like filling and spicy savory foods. Avocados are a must in my kitchen, as are nuts.

i'd probably try a raw pizza with dehydrated flaxseed cracker for a crust, tomatoes either sliced or diced with dulce, oregano, basil and black pepper, and topped with avocadoes or just a variety of veggies! i find the flaxseed cracker/crust stuff is addictive, so i only eat this sort of raw food once every few weeks or so. but it is good and you feel good after eating it, and very full.

ps- i know you don't have a dehydrator, but i have found that if you check your oven, you can see how hot it gets and work from there. i put my oven below warm, just until i hear the gas kick on, and dehydrate with the door open. it takes a long time, but i think it's safer than locking the food up in the heat. and i figure if the pan isn't too hot for me to touch, and the oven is only warm to my hand, it can't be too deadly for the food. i'm sure some would disagree, but i can't afford a dehydrator, and have no counter space, so this is the best i can do.

hm, also elaborate salads, with salt-cured olives (you can find raw online), and lots of heavier veggies/savory fruits can be quite delicious. i tend toward those, often without the lettuce. i don't like it.

frequently, i find myself quickly full on my salad stuff, and then wanting something later. i love raw tahini with raw honey, or dates, forming a raw halvah, with fruit. it's a filling dessert. and the banana 'ice cream' has saved me from many a bad craving meal.

So, that's what i have today. if i discover anything wonderful tomorrow, i'll post again!

peace-

Date: October 18, 2006 10:55AM

Hi
Thank you very much for your help and great suggestionssmiling smiley i will try making a few things with a warm oven and see what happens.. at the very least it cant be worse than frying or grilling!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables