Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Awesome Sauce
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: April 16, 2012 10:57PM

Some of you may know that I tried a recipe a while ago for a savory chia pudding (from the now-defunct rawradianthealth.com Youtube channel)and didn't like the texture of the soaked chia. I am not a picky eater but I am grossed out by slimy textures (gee, how bizarre, eh?). For instance, when I was a kid I'd boil eggs a lot and when I uncooked them, the white part is so runny like snot...Yuck! Well, this was a similar experience with the chia. So I put it aside for a long time and am now coming back to wanting to utilize it as a regular part in my diet.

I like to make a raw apple sauce and I decided to put a bit of chia in the Vitamix and give it a whirl. Here's the recipe:

4 organic apples (I used Pink Lady)
water (I don't know how much--start with 1/4 cup)
handful of raisins
organic cinnamon
2 tsp. chia seeds (I was afraid of putting too much but next time I'm trying more)

Whip up and enjoy. Very yummy and I didn't taste the chia at all. The texture seemed the same as without the chia but maybe even smoothersmiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Awesome Sauce
Posted by: vegmichelle ()
Date: April 19, 2012 06:03PM

I do sort-of the same thing, for rice pudding, except soak the rice the night before so that it's roughly the texture that it should be if it was cooked. then put the rice through the Vitamix, first, so you can get it finer than everything else. I still add apples at the end, so that it has sweet lumps in it.

Keeping it raw at [rawfoodhealthwatch.com]

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables