Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I made some energy soup yesterday
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: May 03, 2012 03:09PM

Actually it was going to be "cream" of tomato soup with avos, but I didn't want to use up so many tomatoes so I decided to just stick with a basic energy soup. (By the way, I saw a recipe where sundried tomatoes are combined with fresh ones to give a more tomato-y flavor.) I included celery, dulse flakes, lemon juice, and red pepper and dill. Very tasty. I had run out of greens but still wanted a veggie salad of some sort so a liquid one did the trick.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I made some energy soup yesterday
Posted by: Pertwee ()
Date: May 04, 2012 08:08PM

Do you have a recipe? Or can you tell us how hot you cooked, roughly how much water or juice you used as a stock? What is energy soup exactly? Thanks.

Claude.

Posted by: red dragon ()
Date: May 05, 2012 01:17PM

I've only tried raw soup once, can't remember all the ingredients now. It was missing 'something' so I added a peach which did the trick - goes nice with black pepper too. Maybe some lime would have been nice too, but I didn't have any at the time. I think my soup included avocado, cherry tomatoes, celery, courgette (zuccini), cucumber, spinach, carrot. I warmed it up really gently on the hob using my finger to test temp. I think I added some coconut aminos too, but I suppose dulse flakes would give similar saltiness, never tried them, I will order some soon.

I can feel some more soup experiments coming on. Sundried tomatoes will def be going in. Thanks!

Date: May 05, 2012 08:31PM

"Hob?" I love it! I am assuming that's a stove but not sure...

Date: May 05, 2012 09:04PM

LOL!!!! Yes it's a stove!!

Date: May 06, 2012 02:13PM

I studied linguistics and even in America there are regional differences. For instance, I think Wisconsin is the only state that calls a water fountain a "bubbler." I would have no idea what they were talking about. And soda versus pop. There is a great map which lists which areas use various terms: [quittingsoda.com]

It was so funny watching "A Hard Day's Night" because it sounded like another language.

Date: May 08, 2012 10:23PM

Even in tiny little Wales there are also many differences, added to that half the people speak Welsh too, and there are many different words in both English and Welsh used accross the country. There's a slightly different accent every 6 or 10 miles too. And Wales is TINY!

I looked at the pop map, it's very pretty, looks like a mosaic. Reminded me of Gaudi.

I've never seen A Hard Day's Night!

You've reminded me of a passing thought/idea I had a while ago, to find out what 'tea' is in as many languages as possible!

Posted by: chat ()
Date: May 10, 2012 10:23AM

banana who Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Actually it was going to be "cream" of tomato soup
> with avos, but I didn't want to use up so many
> tomatoes so I decided to just stick with a basic
> energy soup. (By the way, I saw a recipe where
> sundried tomatoes are combined with fresh ones to
> give a more tomato-y flavor.) I included celery,
> dulse flakes, lemon juice, and red pepper and
> dill. Very tasty. I had run out of greens but
> still wanted a veggie salad of some sort so a
> liquid one did the trick.

Coming back to the topic of this thread, will you share with us a recipe (including the energy bit), or was it just for announcement value that you wrote your post? smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2012 10:24AM by chat.

Date: May 10, 2012 11:43PM

It was just for announcement value. winking smiley

(I didn't use a recipe but if you scroll up to the OP, you'll see I mentioned all the ingredients. LOL)

Date: May 10, 2012 11:48PM

Pertwee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Do you have a recipe? Or can you tell us how hot
> you cooked, roughly how much water or juice you
> used as a stock? What is energy soup exactly?
> Thanks.
>
> Claude.

I am sorry; somehow I missed your post. The ingredients I used are in the OP. Measurements, schmeasurments...I just used one avo and one lemon,etc. I use just a little water--perhaps half a cup tops.

Energy soup was something (if I am not mistaken) created by Ann Wigmore, whose holistic retreat for healing featured foods which are living and easily assimilated by the body. This link gives more info on energy soups:
[www.subtlethings.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables