Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Kombucha for Pickles???
Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: May 28, 2012 12:03AM

Hey I have an abundance of prepared Kombucha... could I use it to make Pickles... or saurkraut... I can only drink so much and this batch turned out extra sour as it is warmer now then the first couple of batches...

thanks
luv laugh and dream

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kombucha for Pickles???
Posted by: spectrum ()
Date: May 31, 2012 03:35AM

Good question?

Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: May 31, 2012 01:23PM

too bad it doesn't seem anyone has an answer... nor have i been ever to find anything on the internet... not yet atleast....

Posted by: Leaf ()
Date: July 21, 2012 07:00AM

Good question. No experience with that though.

Do you know Sandor Katz's book on Wild Fermentation? He has a website too, with a fermentation support forum - I think that might be the ideal place to get an answer to your question.
[www.wildfermentation.com]

Hope this helps!

My journey with wild superfoods [www.wildplantforager.com]

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: July 27, 2012 08:16PM

kombucha is not safe. several case studies have been linked lactic acidosis. Recommend you give it a pass. [nutritionfacts.org]

Paul

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 02, 2012 06:45PM

I have never had a bad reaction from kombucha but I wouldn't recommend it to someone with digestive challenges or health issues. It's similar to rejuvelac in that it can develop as much bad bacteria as good and there's not really any way to tell short of having each batch analyzed. That said, if you can digest it and don't have ill results, use your own discretion. I still drink it on occasion, I'd even consider brewing it myself if it didn't require daily care forever. That's a bit too much commitment for me. Pickles are easy, 4 days in the cupboard and they're done!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables