Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pesto heavy metal detox recipe.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 29, 2012 03:48PM

Whole food based medicine, now that's what I'm talkin' about!

[nurturing-naturally.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pesto heavy metal detox recipe.
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: May 29, 2012 04:42PM

I like everything in that recipe except for flax oil. Ew, never liked the stuff! It always tastes rancid to me and the seeds are very delicate and sensitive to heat extraction so I wouldn't be surprised if it's true. It's very high in oil anyway. I might substitute olive oil for the flax...

Date: May 29, 2012 05:38PM

I was thinking I'd sub hemp seed oil, also not a huge fan of flax flavour tongue sticking out smiley.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: May 29, 2012 06:25PM

I don't think I have ever had hemp oil...Not sure...But as for hemp seeds themselves, I have had the same reaction with bitter aftertaste. I can detect rancidity and oxidation pretty easily and I don't think it's good to eat something that tastes BAD. If it's bitter and supposed to be that way (dandelion, for example), of course it's a different story.

Date: May 29, 2012 08:00PM

Hmm. Maybe rancid, I have often seen them improperly stored in shops. They need refridgeration. I love the taste of them, very nutty and yummy.

Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: May 30, 2012 03:29PM

I love flax oil and hemp oil! I would make sure you are getting fresh stuff. or just use the whole food itself instead,ie-hemp seeds or flax seeds. Yes, olive oil is always trusty for pesto. but if you have hemp anything laying around it will improve the health benefits greatly by blending them with the olive oil and cilantro.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables