Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

My dinner tonight grinning smiley
Posted by: chat ()
Date: June 15, 2012 08:14PM

This is what I cooked for myself tonight (the recipe I found online but didn't note where! so no original link sorry)

Zucchini Veg with Almond Sauce  
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
1 tbsp almond butter 
1/2 tbsp tahini  
1 garlic clove  
1 tbsp lemon juice  
1/2 tbsp tamari sauce  
1 stalk celery  
1 medjhool date
some water for desired consistency  

I blended the above until smooth, and got the almond sauce. (If you try it you may want to double the ingredients as I only wanted to make a tiny portion!)

Then i julienned 1 small zucchini, 1 small carrot, half of red bell pepper, about 100g of romaine lettuce, and chopped a tiny bit of spring onion in. Mixed all well, added the sauce and mixed again. The dish was ready and it was yummy. I had it with a glass of freshly squeezed tomato juice.

Now my tummy is rumbling away happily digesting! I really like being rawsmiling smiley 

>Banana ice-cream rocks!<

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My dinner tonight grinning smiley
Date: June 15, 2012 08:28PM

Oh and the whole dinner together with the juice was about 290 calories (yeh I do count, for now :/)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2012 08:30PM by chat.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: June 16, 2012 08:41PM

That looks great. But what does 100 g. of lettuce translate to in non-metrics? Like a small head of romaine?

Date: June 17, 2012 05:56AM

It's about 4 large-ish leaves of romaine (about 10" by 4" in widest part leaves?)

But you can really experiment with that sauce - it has slightly oriental flavour to it so should be good with chinese cabbage instead of lettuce for example (then you can spice it up a bit with some hot red pepper powder), also with seaweed noodles (perhaps half zucchini/half seaweed), keep the carrot and spring onion though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables