Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How to replicate emerald valley organic salsa?
Posted by: adamlogan ()
Date: July 01, 2012 10:04AM

Hi,

I'm totally addicted to Wildwood brand Emerald Valley organic medium or hot salsa. Does anyone know how to replicate this with a home-made recipe? I've tried making this salsa twice with very different results. I feel like I'm missing something. I've tried roasting jalapeno peppers and just blending them up but it's more of a chemical burn, whereas with emerald valley there is more flavor than chemical burn.

Anyone? I gotta stop buying these all these plastic containers and start making my own salsa.

~Adam

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to replicate emerald valley organic salsa?
Posted by: GilmoreGirl ()
Date: July 06, 2012 07:15PM

Use raw jalapenos. Experiment with the amount since they're strong. You can also try adding fresh onions, cilantro, cayenne, garlic, etc. Fresh, raw salsa should taste way better than the processed kind.

Simple Raw Recipes & Health Tips

Re: How to replicate emerald valley organic salsa?
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: July 07, 2012 11:31PM

Oh man, I haven't had jarred salsa in ages. Yuck! I wish I had been making it fresh since Day 1. Just chop fresh tomatoes, cilantro, onions, lemon juice, hot pepper (I use jalapenos or cherry peppers) and sweet pepper. Add a little sea salt and it's awesome!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables