Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What's 4 cups sprouted mean?
Posted by: carolg ()
Date: October 22, 2006 01:02PM

4 cups of sprouted buckwheat means???

Is that the result after I have soaked the buckwheat that I measure and get 4 cups?

Also shall I assume it's the white buckwheat a recipe would be referring to just saying buckwheawt? Thanks.
carolg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What's 4 cups sprouted mean?
Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: October 23, 2006 08:26PM

Hi CarolG,

I have a hard time following some recipes as well. In your case, I think if the recipe calls for 4 cups of buckwheat, then says spout 'em for X day/hours/whatever, then use 4 cups of unsprouted buckwheat. If it calls for 4 cups of sprouted bucketwheat and doesn't tell you (how) to sprout 'em, then use 4 cups of sprouted bucketwheat. Just a guess.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Ian.

Date: October 23, 2006 11:22PM

Ian,
Thanks. I think this may be one of those controversial topics that the chefs may have to come out of the wood work to help us both. I also heard that "2 cups of buckwheat for 4 cups of sprouts." Regardless, off to buy some buckwheat. I appreciate your time. Thanks again.
carolg

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: October 23, 2006 11:25PM

You're welcome. Some times I find I have to make a dish more than once to figure what on earth the recipe writter was thinking. winking smiley

Cheers,
Ian.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 29, 2006 03:08PM

In a food prep course I took, my teacher said that if it says 1 C sprouted, that means first you sprout, then you measure.
I have been fairly lucky in that I usually just measure "dry", sprout, and use what I have then (unless it says sprout for a few days, in which case the volume would be greater) I have always done this way with my rejuvelac and have never had any trouble.

Date: October 31, 2006 03:27AM

Thanks all for replying. More than appreciated again.
carolg

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables