Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Luau Fruit Salad
Posted by: jayelle ()
Date: August 08, 2012 12:06AM

I make this delicious salad so many times that even my 7 yo daughter knows how to make it. It is made with pineapple and marinated in pineapple juice which causes the other fruit to take on a slightly tangy flavor. I love to eat it as a desert or snack whenever I'm in the mood for something with a lot of flavor. Friends and family are constantly asking me to bring it to BBQs as a desert as well!

Luau Fruit Salad

Ingredients:
2 cans pineapple chunks in pineapple juice*
1 canteloupe
1 honeydew
1 small container of strawberries
1 bag grapes

Directions:

1. Open up one pineapple can and pour juice into a cup. Pour the pineapple chunks into a large bowl.

2. Cut up honedew and canteloupe into small chunks and put them ontop of the pineapple in the bowl. Mix up the two melons if you can, if not it's OK. Pour the pineapple juice over the melons.

3. Open up the other can and pour out the pineapple juice into a cup. Pour the pineapple chunks over the melons.

4. Cut up the strawberries in whatever manner you prefer (I tend to do them in 4ths). Add the strawberries and grapes to the bowl. Pour the pineapple juice over the entire salad.

5. Let marinate for at least an hour or two before serving. It's best if you can manage to marinate it for 12-24 hours before serving. The longer it sits in the pineapple juice the deeper the flavors.

*NOTE: you can use a fresh pineapple. Only reason I don't is for convenience. Also, using the juice seems to help with the flavor.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Luau Fruit Salad
Posted by: patnicolson ()
Date: August 27, 2012 10:42AM

Wow healthy fruit salad recipe shared online... Awesome combination of fruits. Thanks for sharing it online...

[www.nilons.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 15, 2012 07:08AM

We all desire to eat healthy food, but sometimes those good intentions are spoiled by restrictive diets. Eating salad with daily meals can give you high nutritional value, which is indeed really helpful for good health.

New varieties of salads every day would bring more delight to your family. You can find a number of great recipes online. In fact, today, you will come across many companies like sheffafoods and others who can offer you some great salad mixes to make your salads more interesting.

Posted by: chrisrow ()
Date: March 15, 2014 03:20AM

Fashion is a hot topic in people's modern life.To pursue fashion and beauty,more and more people spend much time in their daily dress and hair style.To make changeable hairstyle some people choose to wear various types of hair wigs including short blonde wig which can be got from [www.hairwigsall.com] wigs and wavy wigs and so on.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: August 17, 2014 09:27PM

OH that looks awesome, too many raw food chefs say melons cant be eaten with other fruits but @#$%& em! I like it all.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables