Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Hilariously unsuccessful carrot/almond crackers.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 27, 2012 01:34AM

Carrot pulp (the juice was delicious!)

Almond pulp (the mylk was also delicious!)

The dehydrator sheet of "dough"

The terribly hard, cardboard flavoured "dog biscuits" I made, lolol!

Seriously, they are inedible by humans. Our friend's puppy loves them though, ha ha. Perfect for pooches.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hilariously unsuccessful carrot/almond crackers.
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: October 28, 2012 12:18AM

Coco, I wonder why recipes don't just recommend grated carrot rather than the pulp? I think it's yucky to just use the fiber like that--always have. For one thing, there is no flavor or moisture left from the carrots!

Date: October 28, 2012 03:58PM

Well, since you're dehydrating it you sort of want less moisture. It would take longer to do it with shredded carrot I think. Might end up nicer though, who knows. I am not so much of a recipe follower. Maybe that explains my "success" lol.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: October 29, 2012 12:01AM

was it just the carrot pulp and almond pulp or did you add other ingredients? flax or a some binder? I would think just adding a little sprouted grain or fruit for some pliability might help. For me, manna bread is hit or miss. If I overdry it, it's only fit for pooch or compost. I tend to make mine a little thicker when it's bread than crackers so I can try to get that dry outside and moist inside.

Paul

Date: October 30, 2012 06:37PM

I dried them super dry. They have softened up a bit even though they were stored airtight in a glass jar but they are still horribly inedible. Taste like cardboard, I mean they really taste like actual cardboard, lol. I added some flavourings and I think a bit of ground flax too. I'll have to follow a recipe next time, there are a couple in Russel James's cook book that look tasty.

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: November 28, 2012 09:04AM

Enjoyed a laugh.

Thanks for sharing - - the photos, I mean, not the crackers! smiling smiley

My favorite raw vegan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables