Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Yummy chocolate (pudding face) pudding
Posted by: vegan john ()
Date: November 07, 2006 04:37PM

I finally got around to having a play in the kitchen to make a choc pudding with an avocado base. Wow I love it and have made lots of it since.

Actually I don't even like avocados (sorry, 'cos I know lots of you love them), but it tastes lovely.

I'm sure many of you will have done this before, but for those of you who haven't ...

Blend (or use a food processor) and put in for 1 portion approx 1 avocado , approx 1 - 1.5 tablespoons of raw choc powder, vanilla and raw agave nectar to taste. Blend together until smooth. Taste test and adjust and enjoy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Yummy chocolate (pudding face) pudding
Date: November 08, 2006 04:10PM

A bit more choc pudding info.

I've made a few variations of this pudding recently.

I tried it with an equal amount of raw carob powder to the raw cacao powder. I didn't think it was as nice with the carob. The carob powder seemed to make it have a coarser texture, whereas the raw cacao alone gives a very silky smooth texture.

Also, I tried it with raw cacao and some maca, again I prefer it just with the raw cacao alone.

I made some more yesterday and, although I don't measure the ingredients - just sort of make it up as I go along, I would say that I put in at least 1 good heaped tablespoon of raw cacao powder per avocado, perhaps even 1.5 heaped tablespoons. As you well know, with all raw food recipes, it is a matter of taste testing and adjusting. If it tastes remotely like avocado (mine doesn't at all) then add more cacao. Also, I adjust the vanilla and agave nectar quite a bit to get it just so decadent. Oh, I am so in heaven when I scoff it.

I'm doing mine in the food processor and I start just with the avocado and mix it until smooth, stopping once or twice to scrape down the sides with a spatular to make sure it is all mixed up nice. When I add the raw cacao powder, I have the variable control at the lowest setting and mix it in very gently to stop the cacao powder flying around everywhere (otherwise you lose a lot on the sides etc).

I generally make more than I think I will eat (so at least 2 avocados, sometimes 3) as it is so yummy that I always want more. If there is any left, it makes a nice treat for the next day.

For those of you who are into a 'milk' chocolate type taste (I am not) - well this might just be too rich and intense for your taste. It is a dark choc taste.

(Anyway, I am really, really assuming that most of you that are experienced with raw food will probably have previously come up with the idea (probably ages ago) of combining avocado and raw cacao etc together to make such a choc pudding. Did you come up with any variations to it that you really liked? Did you add any other ingredients? If I ever manage to have any left over ('cos I keep scoffing it), I am thinking of making a nut / date type crust and spreading it on the top to make a choc cream (dream) pie). Otherwise I might try using it somehow for a choc cream filling for raw chocs. I might try adding some fine ground nuts to the choc pudding too. Also goji berries might get added to the crust at some point).

I'd be really interested in knowing any lovely variations that you have come up with.

I'm in chocolate heaven,
John

Posted by: purenkind ()
Date: November 11, 2006 05:46AM

i made some really yummy choc pudding with the meat of about 2 young cocos and some raw cacao powder. i added some of the coconut water too, and some agave and vanilla. it was really good! next time i think i'll try to make it with avo. i bet it will be smoother than what i made.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 12, 2006 07:50PM

I have made it and put it in a hazelnut & almond crust.

I've also added a small amount of fresh squeezed orange juice and some orange zest added to it the pudding, to taste.

In fact, I just made some this morning! I am new to raw food but I really love this.

Date: November 14, 2006 04:42PM

Zensight, I'm so pleased you enjoyed it. That sounds great - well done.

I had been thinking of trying it with some orange juice and zest, but never got round to it. I just wasn't sure whether the orange would go ok with the avocado. (Although it goes so well with choc). You have inspired me to try that myself now. Many thanks.

Purenkind, it is very smooth with the avocados. But I can imagine that it is great with the meat of young cocos. I haven't tried that yet because I cannot find any organic ones (Hhmm!). Thanks for letting me know that it is yummy, because I really want to try it that way too.

Hhmmmmm bliss!
John

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables