Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Homemade Digestive Bitters
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 31, 2013 04:05PM

These have helped me so very, very much with digestion, assimilation of food, energy, adrenal fatigue, etc etc. Not strictly raw because of the alcohol content but I don't care. Bitters have done me more good than anything else I've tried.

Infused in St Remy Brandy for 9 weeks:
artichoke leaf
lemon peel
saffron
star anise
anise seed
licorice root
dandelion root
burdock root

A drop or two on the back of the tongue before or after meals. I can literally feel it working, it's like a pleasant little jolt to the liver.

Drained herbs after infusing

After removing herbs the tincture is left to sit so the residual particulates settle and the clear liquid can be siffoned off.

I made a LOT!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Homemade Digestive Bitters
Posted by: cynthia ()
Date: August 20, 2013 10:13PM

Hi Coco

how much of every ingredient do you use in the recipe?

Re: Homemade Digestive Bitters
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 22, 2013 09:28PM

However much you want. I don't use a recipe very often, I'm an "instinctive" food/tonic/balm creator winking smiley. There's sure to be a guide online regarding dry to wet ingredients though, that should help a bit. I used more of the herbs I felt would be personally helpful, less of the ones that had less benefit, certainly not very much saffron as it is fiercely expensive.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables