Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Trying to finally find a solution to grinding not very liquid foods with no electric machine ...???
Posted by: Diana (Cda) ()
Date: November 20, 2013 01:06PM

Today, I'm going to work without my almond fettucine sauce because, as has happened several times in the past, I can't get the lid off my Magic Bullet! Once and for all, I'll like to find a solution to the grinding issues. Here are the problems:

- Vitamix is not very good at all for grinding seeds mixture for crackers, etc., for mixtures that aren't very liquidy when under 2 cups

- Magic Bullet lid often gets stuck and I'm not strong enough to open. Anyone with arthritis would have trouble. And I currently don't have a nice, studly fellow to help out with the lid <sigh>.

- I've never bothered grinding small quantities in my GreenPower. Yes, it does a great job but it's such a hassle for small, daily amounts to grind.

- Don't believe a mortar and pestle would be a fun way to go.

- Food processor and even Ninja are no good, either!! The Ninja is a quadriblade system but it's not too much better on solid mixtures than the Magic Bullet!

<sigh>

This has been a problem for 23 years I've been on this path and I _still_ have to find a good solution to the problem of grinding up nut and other mixtures that dough-like when we're talking amounts less than at least 2 cups - i.e., when you only need to make ΒΌ-1 cup of something.

Has anyone found a solution to this? What do you use?

Thanks everyone!! grinning smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Trying to finally find a solution to grinding not very liquid foods with no electric machine ...???
Posted by: Diana (Cda) ()
Date: November 21, 2013 11:35AM

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Re: Trying to finally find a solution to grinding not very liquid foods with no electric machine ...???
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: November 21, 2013 05:03PM

What exactly are you trying to grind--seeds? You would use a coffee grinder for small amounts.

There is a dry carafe for Vitamix that does grind dry ingredients! It can make flour out of grain sprouts!smiling smiley I don't have it yet and you are right--you don't want to even attempt it in a wet carafe unless you want to dull and/or ruin your blades.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: December 22, 2013 08:55AM

Yes, a coffee grinder is perfect, and they are cheap.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables