Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

mashed "potatoes", 811
Posted by: mallow ()
Date: November 21, 2006 08:57AM

Anyone have a recipe for mashed potatoes that would work for a 80-10-10 plan? Something very easily digested would be fantastic.

I am best on all fruit, but I want something I can eat at Thanksgiving without ridicule.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mashed "potatoes", 811
Posted by: macfly ()
Date: November 21, 2006 04:55PM

this may sound a little far-fetched -- but what about mashed bananas? in a way, they sort of look like mashed potatoes?

you might be able to do something with cauliflower -- though that's not going to be very easily digested. what if you prepared a large salad and a small dollop of pureed cauliflower and/or young coconut for mashed potatoes?

another idea -- bring something exotic that everyone can participate in. in past years i've blended bananas, poured that into bowls and arranged slices of ripe persimmons and dates artfully.

Re: mashed "potatoes", 811
Posted by: ela ()
Date: November 24, 2006 11:50PM

I make cauliflower mashed potatoes in the vitamix with the main ingredients being cauliflower, avocado and lemon juice (and then add whatever spices you want). You can keep the avocado to a low proportion to keep it low fat - that's what I prefer to do.

Hope it went well!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables