Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

cake recipes w/ actual cake texture instead of cream pie texture?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 25, 2006 02:11AM

all the cake recipes i find have a crust and then like a cream filling. it would be more like me just making pudding (cuz i don't like crust so i would just skip that part)

does anyone have a cake recipe that actually has a cake texture? layers with cream filling are fine. i just don't want the entire cake to consist cream and then some crust which i find to be blah.

any recipes you offer will be great for the future, so feel free to give me any recipes right now, but what i really need is something w/o dates because there are no raw dates around here. if i order them online they won't get here in time for new year's because i want it to be a new year's cake.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: cake recipes w/ actual cake texture instead of cream pie texture?
Posted by: Bikini ()
Date: December 25, 2006 03:04AM

For a more cake-y texture...
Something I can suggest would be to soak and sprout a grain, such as whole organic sproutable oats or spelt. I would then dehydrate them in your dehydrator till totally dry, and then grind them into a fine powder flour in the Vita Mix or food processor.
I'd use the grain flour instead of nuts in your cake recipes, and given the fact you can't use dates, I'd sub raw agave (or even raw honey if you use it), as the sweetener.
Depending on your taste, you could make a spice cake recipe simlar to an oatmeal cookie dough, using raw oat flour, coconut oil, agave, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and possibly even some raisins to make the dough. You would then roll out and cut the dough into individual 1 inch thick cake layers which would go in the dehydrator till dry yet still chewy.

I'd stack the layers like a 7 layer cake alternating cake layers with with whipped vanilla cashew cream, chill it till cold, then serve it.

Some creative culinary suggestions.. smiling smiley

i breathe in
i breathe out
courage
joy
peace
Bikini

Re: cake recipes w/ actual cake texture instead of cream pie texture?
Posted by: ljbn ()
Date: December 25, 2006 10:22PM

At Raw Soul the other night my RF buddies had choc cake -- with the cake texture. I understand that the figs in the recipe helped with the consistancy.

Again, I'm sorry I don't know if MsLillian has a cookbook or not. She does teach classes I believe and she's pretty good at creating RF versions of Soul Food... there is a web site you might just google the restaraunt name.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables