Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Recipe book recommendations?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 26, 2006 04:56AM

Hi everyone--just getting into eating more raw foods and I'm wondering what "un-cook books" you all like. I have read "The Raw Food Detox Diet" by Natalia Rose and (I think it's called) "The Complete Raw Food Book" --lots of recipes by raw foods chefs. I like how that one lists the equipment you'll need right at the beginning of the recipe. These came from the library so I have to give them back. Any other recipe books really worth their (celtic sea) salt?

Thanks and happy holidays!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Recipe book recommendations?
Posted by: minou33 ()
Date: December 28, 2006 05:49AM

I really like Brigette Mars's book "rawsome!". It is really simple for beginners. And there is another one that is also along the same lines called "Living in the Raw".

Date: January 03, 2007 12:19AM

For me, the best and simplest raw recipes book would be the one by Valya and Sergei Boutenko: Cooking without heat. Very simple recipes

Posted by: No5 ()
Date: January 05, 2007 08:34PM

If you are interested in more complex gourmet recipes then I would recommend Raw Food Real World by Matthew Kenney and Sarma Melngailis.

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: January 06, 2007 05:34AM

hi-i just turned raw foodist this week and am new to this site...i bought a book today called "the sproutmans kitchen garden cookbook".since i am new to this way of eating and honestly overwhelmed at all there is to do and to know-i cann't really judge if the cookbook i bought today is good or not.it seems to be very interesting.i have wheat berries soaking and lentils.i am gonna try to make bread.i have been juicing for a couple of days. i also have the complete book of raw foods. it is good.i am use to making homemade from stratch gluten and cooking beans.so this is all really different.i think the sproutmans book is pretty good.hope this helps

Posted by: robert9876 ()
Date: January 07, 2007 07:42AM

When I turned raw I bought a bunch of books, not realizing the fact that there are many opinions out there about what a good living foods diet is. Also, some "raw" books have cooked receipies?? Go figure.

As a result of a lot of studying and making up my idea of what for me a good raw diet was going to be, I tossed several raw books. So, I like to recommend two books that will give you a really sound foundation of what superior raw or living food eating is all about.

Rainbow Green Live Food Cuisine by Gabriel Cousens, MD
The Sun food diet success system by David Wolfe

What, you will find out is that there are raw books containing recepies that have a lot of sugary, foods, sometimes not having enough green veggies. That's why I recommend reading these two books and go from there.

Date: January 11, 2007 04:31PM

Thanks everyone, for all the recommendations! Great places to start. It is winter in the midwest where i am--not really the land of raw food right now, but I do what I can and look forward to planting a garden come spring.

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: January 14, 2007 07:35PM

If you are into the doshas, (vata,pitta, kapha) Gabriel Cousen's Conscious Eating indicate which recipes in the book balance, are neutral to or unbalance the doshas.

Wishing you vibrant health

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: January 23, 2007 03:41AM

i finally saw the rainbow green live food cuisine book today.by gabriel cousens.it is a wonderful book. i could not afford it just yet.it was 30$ but very lovely.nice pictures of the food prepared and alot of info i need to read.it seems very worth the money.i noticed though that the temps he uses are 145 degrees in his food dryer. and i heard it was suppose to be like 105-110 degrees.so that part was interesting.i cann't wait to buy the book.there was only one book at borders and i hope it is there when i go back on maybe thursday.then i can get the book.thanks for the good recommendation robert9876.taylor

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables