Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Homemade Coconut Milk?
Posted by: Manta91 ()
Date: May 06, 2015 03:11PM

I was wondering if I could make a good cream/milk from the meat of a young thai coconut? Mature coconuts seem to be the first choice, but I've had difficulty finding unspoiled ones. I was especially hoping to use a good cream for raw curry, an old favorite food of mine.

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Homemade Coconut Milk?
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: May 06, 2015 03:58PM

No but you can make delicious raw nan flatbreads and 'bacon' with it in a dehydrator. (Check out Marcus Rothkranz's recipes)

For using mature coconuts for recipes here are a few processing options from John Kohler...

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Manta91 ()
Date: May 15, 2015 06:46PM

Again, thanks for the tips on mature coconuts. Will surely be having fun with those while I'm back on high-fat. As for the young, the coconut naan sounds amazing!

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: May 15, 2015 07:23PM

Manta91 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Again, thanks for the tips on mature coconuts.
> Will surely be having fun with those while I'm
> back on high-fat. As for the young, the coconut
> naan sounds amazing!

You're welcome, Manta. Yes, the coconut naans are amazing! I like to use onions I've previously dehydrated rather than raw ones in the recipe though. Try them both ways and see what you think. They stay fresh for several days in the fridge so I like to make several at once.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: June 02, 2015 05:24PM

Manta,

In Raw and Simple Detox, Judita Wignall has given a homemade coconut milk recipe on page 72 of the book. 4 cups "very warm" water to two cups shredded coconut, soak for 30 minutes and blend for 1 minute. Strain through nutmilk bag. Add strained milk back with 1 T. lecithin granules and blend again. Shake before using. Use within 3 to 4 days. Judita's great.

Paul

Posted by: Blakeshelton ()
Date: November 11, 2015 11:09AM

Do It Yourself – Homemade Coconut Milk
Ingredients:
1 cup unsweetened, dried medium shredded coconut
4 cups filtered water (I recommend reverse osmosis)
Method:
Blend on high speed for at least 2 3 minutes. (Note: I adjusted this time from 2 minutes due to a reader’s comment that the previous 2 minutes left some flakes of coconut. This is much better. 3 minutes is sufficient for a high-powered blender like Vitamix. You will need additional time if using a regular blender. Simply blend until the contents are well mixed and frothy on top.)

Posted by: rawsay.com ()
Date: May 10, 2016 11:00AM

Raw Milk of Coconut

Raw Food Recipe

INGREDIENTS

Coconut 500 g (1 pc)
Water

METHOD

1. Take coconut and water.

2. Break and peel the coconut. Pour the juice into a glass.

3. Grind the coconut's pulp.

4. In a high-speed blender, blend coconut's pieces, coconut's juice and water until smooth.

5. Strain mass through sieve and make a lot good squeeze. It should get the coconut mass and Coconut Milk.

To see the photos of method

PS. I will be happy to answer any questions regarding this recipe, or anything else.

See all my raw food recipes click here on rawsay.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables